Aeronautical Engineering is one of the fascinating areas in Engineering across the globe. The Aerospace & Defense technology enhances the nation’s technology target and achieves global recognition. The department of Aeronautical Engineering was established in 2011, affiliated to Visvesvaraya Technological University. The department has grown rapidly ever since its establishment. The goal of the department is to mentor the students into top-class aeronautical engineers, suitable for employment in the National and International scenarios and almost catering successful engineers into various aerospace organizations continuously.
In 2019 the Aeronautical department received NBA accreditation based on its outstanding academic achievement and quality of course delivery.
The Department offers a vibrant academic atmosphere that enables independent research and the free exchange of ideas among students and faculties. The department has continuous interaction with Aerospace and Defense organizations of international reputation like Dassault Systems, SIEMENS, Bosch Rexroth, and National Aerospace Laboratories, to help students build the required skill set. In 2020, the Aeronautical Dept. received a grants of Rs.15 Lakh from AICTE under Modernization and Removal of Obsolescence (MODROBS) for setting up of advanced Vibration analyzer setup at Aircraft Structures Lab to enhance research interest among UG & PG students and research scholars. In recognition of the work at “AIREINO”, a student club of Aeronautical department, AICTE has released a grant of Rs.1 Lakh under Scheme for Promoting Interests, Creativity, and Ethics among Students (SPICES) in 2020.
Program Educational Objectives (PEOs)
- Graduates will have the scientific and technical knowledge to have successful career in Aeronautical industry
- Graduates will have competency to analyze challenges and advancements in the focus areas of Propulsion, Structures, Aerodynamics, Flight Mechanics and Avionics
- Graduates will be motivated and confident to pursue advanced education, research and development and other creative efforts in aeronautical engineering and allied areas
- Graduates will have higher order thinking and leadership skills to become technology leaders of tomorrow
Program Outcomes (POs)
PO1: Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems
PO2: Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences
PO3: Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations
PO4: Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions
PO5: Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations
PO6: The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice
PO7: Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development
PO8: Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice
PO9: Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings
PO10: Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions
PO11: Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments
PO12: Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change
Department Advisory Board
- Dr. Anand S N, Professor & Head
- Dr. M S Ganesha Prasad, Head of the Institution
- Mr. Ajith Kumar, Assistant Professor/NBA Coordinator
- Prof. Ramesh M R, Academic Expert
- Mr. Vedaprakash Saralaya, Industry Expert
- Mr. Yathin K L, Senior Assistant professor
- Mr. Sujesh Kumar, Assistant Professor
- Mr. Praneeth H R, Assistant Professor
- Mr. Vishnu Chandroth, Alumni (2015-19)
- Ms. Shwetha S, Alumni (2015-19)
- B.E – Mechanical Engineering
- M.E – Mechanical Engineering(Machine Design)
- PhD – Heat Conduction by3 Dimensional Bodies of Arbitrary shape using BEM Formulation
Area of Interest
- Application of Numerical Methods to various mechanical and Aeronautical Problems
- Advanced materials & Design
- Experimental Aerodynamics & Vibration Dynamics
- Aerospace structure and Flight Mechanics
- Member of Indian Society for Technical Education (MISTE).
- Member of Institute of Engineers (MIE).
- Member of International Association for the Engineering Modeling, Analysis and Simulation Community (NAFEMS)
- Member of World Research Council (WRC)
- Member of International Journal for Research under Literal Access (IJRULA)
- Finite Element Methods
- Artificial Intellegence And Machine Learning
- Computational Fluid Dynamics
- Auto Structural Design
- Automatic Control Systems
- Vehicle Dynamics
- Mechanical Vibrations
- Theory Of Machines
- Strength Of Materials
- Machine Design
- Tribology And Bearing Design
- Fracture Mechanics
- Theory Of Elasticity & Plasticity
- Advanced Finite Element Methods
- Advanced Mechanical Vibrations
- Mechanism Design And Dynamics
- Automatic Control Systems
- S.N, Manohar H.S, Kumar Thanaiah, “Finite Element Structural Analysis of a Pit Viper 235 Main Frame”Journal of Scholastic Engineering Science Management(JSEM), SSRN:https://ssrn.com/,Elsevier, Vol.1,Issue 3,June-2021,pp:19-31
- S.N, Habtmu Dagne, Tesfaye Wondatir, “Application of boundary integral solution to thermal diffusion problem by Edge Based Basis Function” International Conference on Recent Research Emerging trends in Materials and Mechanical Engineering –2021 ICMSE, Vol:47,part-10,pp:2627-2632 www.sciencedirect.com, Elsevier Materials Today: Proceedings, 2021
- S.N, Sreerama Reddy .T.V, Madhu. D “A Face Based Basis Function Solutions to thermal conduction Problems for 3-D Irregular Shaped Bodies Using BEM ICRRETMME,pp:445–453, www.sciencedirect.com, Elsevier Materials Today: Proceedings-9, 2019
- S.N, Manohar H S, Sharan Reddy “Studies on mechanical properties of graphite reinforced AA7475 metal matrix composites” ICRRETMME,pp:445–453, www.sciencedirect.com, Elsevier Materials Today: Proceedings-9, 2020
- S.N, Manohar H S, Srinivas Reddy Mungara, “Development and study on corrosion properties of Al6061/Nanocarbon black re-inforced Aluminium metal matrix composites ICRRETMME,pp:1535–1543, www.sciencedirect.com, Elsevier Materials Today: Proceedings-9, 2019
- S.N, Manohar H S, Sharan Reddy , “Effect of carbon black nano-fillers on tribological properties of Al6061-Aluminium metal matrix composites” ICRRETMME,pp:202-207, www.sciencedirect.com, Elsevier Materials Today: Proceedings-9, 2019
- S.N, Sreerama Reddy .T.V, Madhu. D “Development and Application of FBBF BEM Solution for 3-D Complex shaped Domain” PMME 2016,pp:335–343, www.sciencedirect.com, Elsevier Materials Today: Proceedings-5, 2017
- S.N, Sanjay Patige , “Steady Effect of Metal Delivery Tube on Flow characteristics of Fluids and Melt Convergent-Divergent nozzle used for Gas Atomization Process Using CFD technique” published in International Journal for Research in Science and Engineering Technology (IJRASET-2018),Vol.6,Issue III, March-2018
- S.N, Sreerama Reddy .T.V, Madhu. D “Heat Conduction by 3- Dimensional Bodies of Arbitrary Shape using BIE formulation” published in Journal of Innovative Research and Solutions, (JIRAS-2014) , Pondicherry , April 2014
- S.N, MaheshReddy.S.S, Chethana.B.Mayachar, “Evaluation of Air properties in apulse Jet unit of Pulse Jet Fabric Filtration system”, published in International Journal of Applied Research and Studies (IJARAS-2014),Vol.3,Issue 6,June-2-1
- S.N, Sreerama Reddy .T.V, Madhu. D “Face based Basis function solution to thermal conductionproblems 3-D Irregular shaped bodies Using BEM” , International Journal of Applied Engineering reaserch(IJAER),Vol.1,Issue2.1, ISSN:0973–4562,Research India Publications, http://www.ripublication.com/ijaer.htm
- S.N, Mahantesh.H.M, “Estimation of fluid flow field and drag for aerofoil wing” , International Journal of innovative reaserch in Science, Engineering and Technology (IJIRSET), ISSN: 2319 – 8753, Volume 4, Issue 5, May 2015.
- S.N, Sreerama Reddy .T.V, Madhu. D “Development and Implementation of BEM Solution for 3- D Arbitrary Shaped conduction Bodies Using Face Based Basis Functions” International Journal of Engineering Research, (IJER) ISSN 2319 -6890 Vol. 5 Issue: Special 6, pp: 1129 – 1254 20 May 2016.
- S.N, Chunkyraj ,Hampali “CFD Analysis on the performance of Wind turbine with Nozzles” International Journal of Scientific and Technology Research, ISSN 2277 -8616 Vol. 5 Issue: 7, pp: 185 – 189, July 2016.
- S.N, Bharath Bhaskar ,KrishnaRao, “Structural and Vibrational response Analysis of High Prssure Bladed Disc Assemply in Aircraft Engine” International Journal of Mechanical Engineering and Technology, ISSN 0976 -6359, Vol. 7 Issue: 3, pp: 306 – 319, June 2016.
- S.N, “Explicit Dynamic Analysis of Automotive Bus body structure during catastrophic frontal crash with expulsion system” International Journal of Advances in Scientific Research and Engineering, ISSN 2454 -8006 Vol. 3 Issue: 5, pp: July 2017.
- S.N “Numerical Investigation of Enhancement of Heat Transfer By Two Phase Flow in Mini Channels” International Journal of Advanced Technology in Engineering and Sceince, ISSN 2348 – 7550,Vol. 2 Issue: 12, Dec 2014.
- Anand S N, “Estimation of Flow Field and Drag for Aerofoil Wing” , International Journal of Innovative Research in Science, Engineering and Technology, ISSN 2319 -8753, Vol.4 Issue: 5, pp: May 2015.
- Anand S N, “FEM Analysis and Experimental Investigation of Resonance in Vacuum Pump used in Textile Industry” Global Journal of Engineering Science and Researches, ISSN 2348 -8034, Vol. 5 Issue: 7, pp: 185 – 189, october 2014.
- S.N, Habtmu Dagne, Tesfaye Wondatir,“Application of boundary integral solution to thermal diffusion problem by Edge Based Basis Function”International Conference on Recent Research Emerging trends in Materials and Mechanical Engineering –2021 (ICMSE-2021) held at SJB Institute of Technology, Bangalore during 7th to 8th May 2021.Recieved certificate of Appreciation for best paper award of the conference.
- S.N, Sreerama Reddy .T.V, Madhu. D, “A Face based basis function solution to Thermal conduction problems of 3D irregular shaped bodies using BEM” International Conference on Recent Research Emerging trends in Materials and Mechanical Engineering -2019 (ICRRETMME-19) held at REVA University, Bangalore during 12th to 13th July 2019.
- S.N, Sreerama Reddy .T.V, Madhu. D, “ BEM Solution for 3- D Heat conduction problems Using EBBF” International Conference on Emerging trends in Science and Technologies for Engineering Systems -2018 (ICETSTES-18) held at SJC Institute of Technology, Chickballapur , during 11th to 12th Jan 2018. Recieved certificate of Appreciation for best paper award of the conference.
- S.N, Sreerama Reddy .T.V, Madhu. D, “ Boundary Element Method “A Solution for 3- D Arbitrary Shaped conduction Bodies Using Edge Based Basis Functions” International Conference on Advances in Science and Engineering 2017 (ICASE-17) at East West institute of technology, Bengalur and Regent’s International College, Bangkok, Thailand, during 19th to 22th Jan 2017.
- S.N, Sreerama Reddy .T.V, Madhu. D, “Development and Application of FBBF BEM Solution for 3- D Complex Shaped conduction domain ” International Conference on Processing of Materials, Minerals and Energy 2016 (PMME-2016) at Pace Institute of Technology and Sceince, Ongole, Prakasam District, Andhra Pradesh during 29th to 30th July 2016.
- S.N, Sreerama Reddy .T.V, Madhu. D, “Development and Implementation of BEM Solution for 3- D Arbitrary Shaped conduction Bodies Using Face Based Basis Functions” International Conference on Convergent Technologies 2016 (ICCIT16) at Cambridge institute of technology, K.R.Puram, Bengaluru, during 20th May 2016.
- S.N, Sreerama Reddy .T.V, Madhu. D, “Edge Based Basis Functions in the BEM solutionof Heat conduction problem ” International Conference on Engineering Modelling,Analysis,Simulation and 3D Printing held at NIMHANS Convention Centre ,Bengaluru, during 30-31th August 2016
- S.N, Sreerama Reddy .T.V, Madhu. D “Face based Basis function solution to thermal conduction problems 3-D Irregular shaped bodies Using BEM” International Conference on Trends in engineering & Technology, science &Humanities and Management 2015 (ICTETSHAM15) at Tamizan college of Engineering and Technology, Kanyakumari , Feb 2015
- S.N, Sreerama Reddy .T.V, Madhu. D “BEM solution for 3- dimensional arbitrary shaped bodies using face based basis functions” International Conference on Advances in Design & Manufacturing 2014 (ICAD&M’14) to be held at NIT, Trichy during December 5 – 7, 2014.
- S.N, Sreerama Reddy .T.V, Madhu. D “Heat Conduction by Three Dimensional Bodies of Arbitrary Shape using BEM formulation” International Conference on Innovation Research and Solutions, (ICIRS-2014) at Pondicherry , April 2014
- Anand S.N, Chikkanna, P.Sankaran Kutty,P.Vijay Kumar, Shivarudraiah “Centrifugal Casting of Al-7079 Corundum Metal Matrix Composite” International conference on “Recent Advances in Material Processing Technology” at National Engineering College, Kovilpatti-23rd to 25th February 2005 pg.no 385-390
- S.N, Sreerama Reddy .T.V, Madhu. D “Heat Conduction by Three Dimensional Bodies of Arbitrary Shape using BEM formulation” , National Conference on Emerging Research and Advances(ERA)in Mechanical Sciences, ERA2014,March 28, 2014, Velammal Engineering College, Chennai, India
- S.N, Raghu. “Thermal Flux assessment and Drop test of a Smart Phone-Case Study ” NAFEMS India Regional Conference 2015 on Engineering Analysis,Modelling&Simulation held at The Hotel Hilton, Chennai, TamilNadu , March- 2014
- S.N, Sreerama Reddy .T.V, Madhu. D “Heat Conduction by 3-D Bodies of Arbitrary Shape using BEM formulation” National Conference on Emerging Research and Advances in Mechanical Science, (ERA-2014) at Velammal College of Engineering, TamilNadu , March- 2014
- Anand S.N, Kumar,K.S Sudhkar ,”Structural and Fatigue life evaluation of HP stage steam turbine blade and disc” Sir.M.V Memorial Technical paper presentation proceedings,Sept-2008,UVCE ,Banagalore
- Anand S.N, Chikkanna, P.Sankaran Kutty “Corrosion studies on Al4032/Corundum Functionally graded materials”, National Conference on Recent Advances In Design Engineering 22-24, February, 2007 M.I.T , Manipal pg.no 104-109
- Anand S.N, Chikkanna, P.Sankaran Kutty “ Effect of particle on mechanical properties of functional graded Al6061/corundum MMCs” National Conference on Recent Advances In Design Engineering 22-24 February, 2007 M.I.T, Manipal pg.no 110-1115
- Anand S N, Chikkanna, P.Sankaran Kutty,“ Microstructure and Tribological Properties of Functionally Graded Al-7079 Alloy”, National Conference on “Advances in Production Engineering” at Government Engineering College, Trissur-27th to 29th October 2004
- Anand S N , N. Chikkanna, Sankaran Kutty ,M.Shantharaju, “Corrosion studies on aluminum- corundum metal matrix composites” National Conference on Mechanical Engineering NATCON.ME-2006, SIT, Tumkur-26th and 27th May 2006,
- Anand S N, Chikkanna, P. Sankaran Kutty, M.Shantharaju, “Effect of particle size on some properties of functionaly graded Al\Corundum Metal Matrix Composites”, National Conference on Mechanical Engineering NATCON.ME-2006, SIT , Tumkur-26th and 27th May 2006
- Anand S N, N. Chikkanna, Sankaran Kutty, “Microstructure and Tribological Properties of Functionally Graded Al-6061 Alloy”, National Conference on Globally Competitive Eco Friendly Technologies in Mechanical & Mechatronics Engineering” at Kongu Engineering College, Erode-15th and 16th April 2005.
- B.E – Aeronautical Engineering
- M.Tech – Aeronautical Engineering
- PhD – Experimental Aerodynamics
Area of Interest
- Basics of Aeronautics,
- Low Speed Aerodynamics,
- High Speed Aerodynamics,
- Vehicle Aerodynamics,
- Wind Tunnel Techniques,
- Aerospace Developments in India.
Life Member in the Aeronautical Society of India (AeSI -Chennai) Membership ID: G-12843
- Basics of Aeronautics,
- Low Speed Aerodynamics,
- High Speed Aerodynamics,
- Vehicle Aerodynamics,
- Wind Tunnel Techniques,
- Aerospace Developments in India.
B.E.,.M.E, Ph.D projects guided
- E : 18
- E : 7
- Reviewer for the web of science Journal, International Journal of Turbo & Jet-Engines, De-Gruyter, England.
- Received cash prize of 10,000 for UG project conducted by KCG College, Chennai.
- Best Paper award for the M.E-project in National conference.
- Question paper setter for the various autonomous Institutions in Tamil Nadu.
- Madhanraj et., al (2022). Investigations on Aerodynamic Performance of Fixed Wing Micro Air Vehicle with Different Planforms. International Journal of Vehicle Structures and Systems. (I.F 0.258).
- Madhanraj et., al (2022). Numerical Investigation of Flow over a Hemispherical Nose Cone Configuration in Subsonic Speed. Materials Today: Proceedings. (I.F 1.46).
- Madhanraj et., al (2022). Numerical Investigation of Aerodynamic Performance of Leading-Edge Tubercle Airfoil at Low Renolds Number. Materials Today: Proceedings. (I.F 1.46).
- Madhanraj et., al (2021). Impact of microalgae bio fuel on micro gas turbine aviation engine: A Combustion and emission study. Journal of Fuel. (I.F 5.57).
- Madhanraj et., al (2021). Experimental Analysis of Hybrid UAV at Different Velocities. 12(10):3872-3879. Turkish Journal of Computer and Mathematics Education. (I.F 0.15).
- Madhanraj et., al (2021). Investigation and Analysis of the Performance Characteristics of Horizontal Axis Wind Turbine Blade with Dimple by Using CFD. 12(7):47-52. Turkish Journal of Computer and Mathematics Education. (I.F 0.15).
- Madhanraj et., al (2021). Design and Computational Analysis of Winglets.12 (7):1-9. Turkish Journal of Computer and Mathematics Education. (I.F 0.15).
- Madhanraj et., al (2021). Drag Reduction in Supersonic Profiles. 12(7):1357-1362.Turkish Journal of Computer and Mathematics Education. (I.F 0.15).
- Madhanraj,V., and S.Mahendren. (2020). Development And Flow Analysis for Flapping Wing For Unmanned Aerial Vehicle. 51(01):299-303. Pensee Journal. (I.F 0.3).
- Madhanraj,V., and S.Mahendren. (2020). Load Characteristics Analysis of Drone Using Load Cell and MEMS Sensor. 10(1): 83-94. International Journal of Mechanical and Production Engineering Research and Development. (I.F 0.2).
- Madhanraj,V., and Dilip A. Shah. (2019). CFD Analysis of NACA 2421 Unsymmetrical Airfoil at Several Angles of Attack. Journal of Aeronautics and Aerospace Engineering. 8(1): (I.F 1.4).
- Madhanraj,V., and Dilip A. Shah. (2019). Preliminary Investigation on the Effect of Folding wingtips on the Aerodynamic Characteristics of Flexible Aircraft. International Journal of Ambient Energy. (I.F 0.89).
- Madhanraj,V., and Dilip A. Shah. (2019). Effect of Piezo Electricity in NACA 2421 Unsymmetrical Aerofoil by Using Load Cell Arrangement, International Journal of Ambient Energy. (I.F 0.89).
- Madhanraj,V., and Dilip A. Shah. (2017). Heat Transfer and Temperature effects on Dimpled NACA 0012 airfoil with various angles of attack. International Journal of Ambient Energy. (I.F 0.89).
- Madhanraj,V., and Dilip A. Shah. (2015). Flow Visualization on NACA 2421 Airfoil with and without Piezo Electric Effect. International Journal on Applied Engineering and Research. 10(17):37473-37480 (I.F 3.2).
- Madhanraj,V., and Sathish Kumar. (2015). Flow Analysis Through Convergent-Divergent Nozzles. Journal of Mines Metals and Fuels.1 (1):97-102. (I.F 1.5).
- Madhanraj,V., and Dilip A. Shah. (2014). Analysis of Boundary Layer Suppression in unsymmetrical Airfoil Using Piezo Electric Effect. International Scientific Journal on Science Engineering and Technology. 17(5):413-423. (I.F 1.63).
- Madhan Raj. (2022). A Computational Analysis of Vortex Generator To Enhance the Aerodynamic Performance of A Bus. IEEE International Conferrence on Power, Energy and Control and Transmission Systems, Sri Sairam Engineering College, Chennai.
- Madhan Raj. (2022). Effect of Leading-Edge Shapes in NACA2421 Aerofoil with Different Angle of Attack, International Conference on Science, Engineering and Technology in Nehru Institute of Engineering and Technology, Coimbatore.
- Madhan Raj. (2022). Numerical Investigation of Co-efficient of Pressure Distribution of NREL S825 Airfoil at Low Renold’s Number, International Conference on Science, Engineering and Technology in Nehru Institute of Engineering and Technology, Coimbatore.
- Madhan Raj. (2022). Effect of Stacking Sequence on Mechanical Properties of Hybrid Kevlar/Glass Epoxy Composite, International Conference on Science, Engineering and Technology in Nehru Institute of Engineering and Technology, Coimbatore.
- Madhan Raj. (2021). Effect of Pressure Distribution of NREL S809 Airfoil with Rectangular Vortex Generator, International Seminar on Aeronautics and Energy 2021 (ISAE 2021) in Universiti Teknologi, Malasia.
- Madhan Raj. (2021). Experimental Investigation of Pressure Distribution of Sharp Conical Noise of Missile at Supersonic Speed, International Conference on Advances in Mechanical Engineering Design (ICAMD- 2021) in SRM Institute of Science and Technology, Chennai.
- Madhan Raj. (2021). Experimental Investigations of Pressure Distribution of NACA0018 Airfoil with Triangular Vortex Generator, International Conference on Advances in Mechanical Engineering Design (ICAMD- 2021) in SRM Institute of Science and Technology, Chennai.
- Madhan Raj. (2021). Experimental Study of Pressure Distribution of NACA4412 Airfoil with Square Dimples, International Conference on Advances in Mechanical Engineering Design (ICAMD- 2021) in SRM Institute of Science and Technology, Chennai.
- Madhan Raj. (2021). Effect of Pressure Distribution of NACA5520 Airfoil Blade with Different Angle of Attack, International Conference on Advances in Mechanical Engineering Design (ICAMD- 2021) in SRM Institute of Science and Technology, Chennai.
- Madhanraj,V., and Dilip A. Shah. (2018). Effect of Piezo Electricity NACA 2421 Unsymmetrical Aerofoil in the Recent Advances in Science, Engineering and Management (NCRASEM- 2018) in Tagore Engineering College, Chennai.
- Madhanraj,V., and Dilip A. Shah. (2018). Experimental Investigation of NACA 2421 Unsymmetrical Airfoil with and without Piezo Electric Effect in the National Conference on Emerging Trends in Mathematics and Application in Engineering and Technology (NCETMAET – 2018) in Hindustan Institute of Technology and Science, Padur.
- Madhanraj,V., and Dilip A. Shah. (2018). Aerodynamic Effects of Folding Wingtips, National Conference on Aerospace Technology (NCAT- 2018) in Hindustan Institute of Technology and Science, Padur, Chennai.
- Madhanraj,V., and Dilip A. Shah. (2018). Effect of Piezo Electricity in NACA 2421 Unsymmetrical Aerofil by Using Piezo Electric Effect, National Conference on Aerospace Technology (NCAT- 2018) in Hindustan Institute of Technology and Science, Padur, Chennai.
- Madhanraj,V., and Dilip A. Shah. (2017). Lift and Drag Measurement in NACA 2421 Unsymmetrical Airfoil with and without Piezo Electric Effectin the international conference in KalignarKarunanidhi Institute of Technology.
- Madhanraj,V., and Sathish Kumar. (2015). Flow Analysis Through Convergent and Divergent Nozzle in the International Conference on Science, Technology organized by Jeppiaar Engineering
- Madhanraj,V., and Dilip A. Shah. (2015). Flow Visualization on NACA 2421 Airfoil with and without Piezo Electric Effect in the International Conference on Trends in Engineering and Technology, Science and Humanities and management 2015 organized by Tamizhan College of Engineering and Technology.
- Madhanraj,V., and Dilip A. Shah. (2014). Analysis of Boundary Layer Suppression in Unsymmetrical Airfoil Using Piezo Electric Effect in the International Conference on Futuristic trends in Aeronautical Engineering organized by Thiruvalluvar College of Engineering and Technology, in association with International Society of Automation (ISA0).
- B. E – Mechanical Engineering
- M. Tech – Energy Systems Engineering
- Pursuing PhD – Condition Monitoring
Areas of Interest
- Thermal Energy
- Condition Monitoring
- Internal Combustion Engines
- Alternative Energy Sources
- Life Member in The Indian Society for Technical Education (ISTE-New Delhi) Membership ID: LM 99154
- Life membership in International Society for Research and Development (ISRD) Membership ID: F3140900717
- Member of International Association of Engineers Membership ID: 155889
- Member of Institute of research engineers and doctors – SM10100051236
Subjects Handled UG Programme
- Heat & Mass Transfer
- Gas Turbine Technology
- Applied Gas Dynamics
- Elements of Mechanical Engineering
- Engineering Drawing
- Manufacturing Process
B.E., M. Tech, PhD Projects guided
- B. E: 5 projects (KSCST Funded Project-01)
- Sujesh Kumar, Dr. Lokesha M, “Vibration based Fault Diagnosis Techniques for Rotating Mechanical Components: Review Paper”, IOP Conf. Series: Materials Science and Engineering 376 (2018) 012002.
- Sujesh Kumar, Lokesha M, “Fault Diagnosis in Belt Drive Transmission using Wavelet Spectrum”, International Journal of Innovative Research in Science, Engineering and Technology (IJIRSET) with ISSN (online): 2319-8753 /ISSN (print): 2347-6710.
- Kiran Kumar M V, Dr. Lokesha M V, Sujesh Kumar, “Review on Condition Monitoring of Bearings using vibration analysis techniques”, IOP Conf. Series: Materials Science and Engineering 376 (2018) 012002.
- B. E – Mechanical Engineering
- M. E – Machine Design
Areas of Interest
- Machine Design
- Mechanics of Materials
- Composite Materials
- Theory of Machines and Vibrations
- Life Member in The Indian Society for Technical Education (ISTE-New Delhi) Membership ID: LM9762
- IRED- Institute of Research Engineers and Doctors: SM101000602318
- Member OF International Assosciation of Engineers Membership ID: 217548
- Mechanics of Materials
- Mechanisms and Machine Theory
- Theory of Vibrations
- Aircraft Structures-1 & 2
- Kinematics of Machines
- Elements of Mechanical Engineering
- Engineering Drawing
B.E., M. Tech, PhD Projects guided
- B. E: 7 projects (KSCST Funded Projects-01)
- Ajith kumar, Gantasala Sreenivaslu, P S Raghavendra Rao, Arun Kumar D T, Vinod, Dr A Pattanaik. Experimental Investigation on Performance of Solar Air Heaters With Thermal Storage. International Journal of Renewable Energy and Its Commercialization. 2019; 5(1): 37–46p
- Vinod, Ajith Kumar B Suresha, M V Kiran Kumar and S Ramesh “Study on Two Body Abrasive Wear behaviour of Carboxyl-Graphene Reinforced Epoxy Nano-composites” IOP Conf. Series: Materials Science and Engineering 376 (2018) 012058.
- Kiran Kumar M V, M Lokesha, Sujesh Kumar, Ajith Kumar “Review on Condition Monitoring of Bearings using vibration analysis techniques”, IOP Conf. Series: Materials Science and Engineering 376 (2018) 012002
International/ National Conferences
- Study Of Vibration Characteristics of Hybrid Polymer Composites”, Recent Advances in Mechanical Engineering and Technology(NCRAMET-19), Yenepoya Institute of Technology Moodabidri on 29th & 30th April 2019
- “Study on Two Body Abrasive Wear behaviour of Carboxyl-Graphene Reinforced Epoxy Nano-composites” International conference on advances in Manufacturing, Materials and Energy Engineering- (ICon MMEE 2018), Mangalore Institute of Technology & Engineering Moodbidri, on 2nd & 3rd March 2018
- “Study on Mechanical Performance of Carboxyl Functionalized Graphene Reinforced Epoxy Nanocomposites”, National Conference on Advanced Materials and Manufacturing Technology(NCAMMT-18), SET Jain University Bangalore on 3rd February 2018: ISBN : 978- 93- 5300- 385-2
- Review on Condition Monitoring of Bearings using vibration analysis techniques”, International conference on advances in Manufacturing, Materials and Energy Engineering- (ICon MMEE 2018), Mangalore Institute of Technology & Engineering Moodbidri, on on 2nd & 3rd March 2018
- Investigation of effect of filler materials in hybrid fibre composite”, National Conference on Advanced Materials and Manufacturing Technology(NCAMMT-18), SET Jain University Bangalore on 3rd February 2018: ISBN : 978- 93- 5300- 385-2
- “Design and development of in situ compression set up”, International Symposium on Advanced Materials for Engineering Applications (ISAMEA-17), National Institute of Engineering Mysuru on 24th & 25th March 2017
- “Experimental investigation of solar air heater with thermal storage” National Conference on Mechanical Material and Manufacturing Engineering (NCMMME-16), National Institute of Engineering Mysuru on 23rd & 24th May 2016
- “Fabrication and Testing of Open Pore Aluminium Foam Heat Exchange” National Conference on Mechanical Material and Manufacturing Engineering (NCMMME-16), National Institute of Engineering Mysuru on 23rd & 24th May 2016
Certified with elite grade in NPTEL online courses on
1. Introduction to Mechanical Vibration conducted by IIT Roorke.
2. Strength of Materials conducted by Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur.
- B. E – Aeronautical Engineering
- M.Tech – Aeronautical Engineering
Areas of Interest
- Unmanned Aerial Vehicles
- Anti Drone systems
- Bird Aircraft strike
- Aerodynamics- 1
- Aircraft Material Science
- Introduction to Composite Material
- Unmanned Aerial Vehicles Basics & Applications
- Wind Tunnel Techniques
B.E., M. Tech Projects guided
- B. E: 01 Project (KSCST Funded Project- 01)
- B.E – Aeronautical Engineering
- M.E – Aeronautical Engineering
- Ph.D – High speed jet flows
Area of Interest
- High speed jets
- Aircraft Engines & Propulsion
- Experimental Aerodynamics
- Shock waves reflections
Life Member in the Aeronautical Society of India (AeSI -Chennai)
- Experimental Aerodynamics
- Wind tunnel techniques
- Advanced space Propulsion
- Fluid Mechanics & Machinery
- Composite Materials and structures
- Suresh Chandra Khandai1, G Ezhilmaran1, S Devanandh2, P Hari Prasath2, G Jesurajanishanth2and A Arivazhagan2 (2020) “Design optimization of single expansion ramp nozzle using computational method”,IOP Conference Series: Materials Science and Engineering, Volume 912, Design.
- EzhilmaranG1, Suresh Chandra Khandai2, Manishkumar V3, Srinath K4 (2020) “Thrust Vectoring Of A Supersonic Rectangular Nozzle By Using Different Plate Extensions”, Journal of Xidian University, VOLUME 14, ISSUE 10.
- Ezhilmaran, G., Khandai S., Yogesh Kumar Sinha, S.Thanigaiarasu (2019)“Numerical Simulation of Supersonic jet control by tabs with slanted perforation”, International Journal of Turbo & Jet-Engines, ISSN (Online) 2191-0332, ISSN(Print) 0334-0082, DOI: https://doi.org/10.1515/tjj-2019-0015.- (Scopus indexed, Annexure in Anna university list journals).
- Ezhilmaran, G., Khandai, S., Pavithrabalan, S., et al. (2018) “Supersonic Jet Control by Tabs with Slanted Perforation”, International Journal of Turbo & Jet-Engines, ISSN (Online) 2191-0332, ISSN (Print) 0334-0082, DOI: https://doi.org/10.1515/tjj-2018-0034. (Scopus indexed, Annexure in Anna university list of journals).
- R and Ezhilmaran.G 2016. Analysis of Aerodynamic Efficiency of Different Winglets. International Journal Of Research In Aeronautical And Mechanical Engineering Vol.4 Issue 5, May 2016 Pgs: 53-66.
- Chadurvedi V, Tamilarasan S, Ezhilmaran G Mechanical Performance of Glass-Coir Reinforced Epoxy Composite Material. International Journal of Modern Trends in Engineering and Science Volume: 02 Issue: 10 2015.
- Alagu sundaram.A, G 2015. Numerical Investigation of Jet Noise Prediction in Exhaust Nozzle by Passive Control Techniques. Int. Journal of Engineering Research and Applications.Vol. 5, Issue 5, ( Part -6) May 2015, pp.96-102
- Rio Melvin Aro.T, Ezhilmaran G 2015 .Fluid structural modal coupled Numerical Investigation of Transonic fluttering of Axial Flow compressor Blades. Int. Journal of Engineering Research and Applications Vol. 5, Issue 5, ( Part -6) pp.149-154
- Vineeth Tom, G Ezhilmaran 2015 .Design of an Improved Scramjet inlet starting at Mach 4. Proceedings of the International Conference on Science and Innovative Engineering. ISBN 978-81-904760-7-2.
- Ezhilmaran, R.Arravind 2014.Analysis of Flutter in a Flat Composite Plate. International Journal of Engineering Research and Development e-ISSN: 2278-067X, p-ISSN: 2278-800X, Volume 10, Issue 3 , PP.25-32.
- Presented paper titled “Design optimization of single expansion ramp nozzle using computational method”, on 3rd International Conference on Advances in Mechanical Engineering (ICAME 2020), organized by SRM University- Chennai, February 24-29, 2020
- Presented paper titled, “Supersonic Jet Control By Tabs With Slanted Perforation”, International Conference on Green Manufacturing: Analytics, Automation, Processes, Products, Energy, & Structures (GM: AAPPES 2018), Rajalakshmi Engineering College, Chennai, 28th & 29th March 2018
- Presented paper titled, “Thrust vector control of supersonic flow in rectangular nozzle using movable plates”, International Conference on Green Manufacturing: Analytics, Automation, Processes, Products, Energy, & Structures (GM: AAPPES 2018), Rajalakshmi Engineering College, Chennai, 28th & 29th March 2018
- Presented paper titled, “Numerical simulations of supersonic jets”, ICEMAP 2013 International Conference on Engineering Materials and Processes, Tagore Engineering College, International Conference, Chennai, Tamil Nadu, 14th – 15th March 2012.
- Presented a paper entitled, “Design and Analysis of table top low speed wind tunnel”, in the second national conference on Advances in materials, manufacturing and simulations(AMMS 2.0) organized by Department of Aeronautical Engineering, BIT,sathyamangalam, Tamilnadu on 6th and 7th August 2021.
- Presented a paper entitled, “Thermal Analysis of Gas Turbine blade”, in the second national conference on Advances in materials, manufacturing and simulations(AMMS 2.0) organized by Department of Aeronautical Engineering, BIT, sathyamangalam, Tamilnadu on 6th and 7th August 2021.
- Presented a paper entitled, “Numerical analysis of Supersonic free jet control by slanted perforation”, at NCRAME organized by Dhanalakshmi Srinivasan college of Engineering & Technology, ECR, MAMALLAPURAM
Sponsored Research Project
- Submitted funded research project proposal under Grants-In-Aid Scheme of Aeronautics R&D Board (DRDO) as Co-Principal Investigator under the title of “supersonic jet control by tabs with slanted perforation” on July 2019. The ARDB panel members have approved the project for the grant of 16.69 Lakhs on January 2022 with the practical implementation of injectors in scramjet engine
- Got sanctioned Rs. 2.5 Lakhs for “Design and Fabrication of subsonic table top wind tunnel” from Department of Science & Technology(NSTEDB) under Idea Pitch for Startup Grant-in-aid of the year 2021-22.
- Received grant of 93 thousand on July 2021 for Professional Development Programme-AICTE Training and Learning (ATAL) Academy program on “Conceptual and Practical Knowledge Sharing and Training Sessions on Computational Fluid Dynamics” organized at Nehru Institute of Engineering & Technology, Coimbatore through online mode.
- BE – Aeronautical Engineering
- M Tech – Aerospace Engineering
Area of interest
- Guidance, Navigation & Control
- Unmanned Aerial Vehicles
- Mathematical System Modeling; Simulation; Simulink; Matlab; Data Analysis; Nastran & Patran Basics; Control Systems Basics; Control System Design (MATLAB), Space Flight Vehicles Guidance, Navigation & Control(GNC); Multi Sensor Fusion; Satellites- based Navigation of flight Vehicles; Kalman Filtering & Estimation for Navigation & Tracking; Flight Mechanics; Aircraft Performance; R&D; UAVs;
- Aircraft Structures- 1
- Aircraft Performance
- Aircraft Stability & Control, Flight Mechanics
- Elements of Aeronautics
- Flight Vehicle Design
- Aircraft System and Instrumentation
- Helicopter Dynamics
- B.E – Aircraft Design and Manufacture
- Tech, University of Petroleum and Energy Studies, Dehradun
- PhD, NITK, Surathkal-(pursuing)
3 Years ( 1 Year Industry + 2 Year Teaching)
Areas of Interest
- Experimental aerodynamics
- Flow modeling
- Wind Energy
Conference / Journal Publications
- Jeena Joseph, A. Sathyabhama, “Leading-edge tubercle on wind turbine blade to mitigate problems of stall, hysteresis, and laminar separation bubble”, Energy Conversion &Management (255), 115337, 2022 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.enconman.2022.115337
- Surya Sridhar, Jeena Joseph, Jayakrishnan Radhakrishnanan,” Implementation of tubercles on Vertical Axis Wind Turbines (VAWTs): An Aerodynamic Perspective”, Sustainable Energy Technologies and Assessments, 2022 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.seta.2022.102109
- Jeena Joseph, Sathyabhama, Surya Sridhar,”Experimental and numerical analysis of humpback whale inspired tubercles on swept wing”, Aircraft Engineering and Aerospace Technology, 2022 https://doi.org/10.1108/AEAT-04-2021-0114
- Jeena Joseph, Sathyabhama, “ Experimental Study on the Effect of Tubercle on Aerodynamic Characteristics of Swept Wings at low Reynolds Number”, Iranian Journal of Science and Technology, Transactions of Mechanical Engineering, 2021 https://doi.org/10.1007/s40997-021-00455-z
- Jeena Joseph, A. Sathyabhama “Experimental study on the effect of leading-edge tubercle on high swept wing at low Reynolds number”, 3rd International Heat and Mass Transfer Conference, IHMTC-2019, IIT- ROORKEE, December 2019.
- Jeena Joseph, A. Sathyabhama, Surya Sridhar, “Comparison on the Effect of Leading-Edge Tubercle on Straight and Swept Wing at Low Reynolds Number”, 46th National Conference on Fluid Mechanics and Fluid Power-FMFP 2019, PSG C0llege,Coimbatore, December 2019
- Jeena Joseph, A. Sathyabhama, “Numerical study on the effect of tubercle on symmetrical airfoil at low Reynolds number” National Conference on Computational Modelling of Fluid Dynamics Problems, NIT-Warangal, January 2019
|SL. No||Name of Laboratory||Carpet Area|
|Major Equipments||Total Investment Till Date|
|1||Propulsion Lab||180 m2||1. Low speed cascade wind tunnel|
2. Forced Convective heat transfer over a flat plate
3. Propeller test rig
4. Nozzle flow Set Up
5. Pre mixed flame with compressor
6. Bomb calorimeter with oxygen cylinder
7. Free jet & wall jet set-up
|2||Structures Lab||180 m2||1. Wagner beam and shear strength attachment|
2. Beam test set up with various end conditions
3. Column test Apparatus
4. Vibration of beam set up with Computer
5. Advanced Vibration setup
6. Pin-on-Disc wear testing Machine
7. LabView-2021 Software
|3||Aerodynamics Lab||180 m2||1. Subsonic Wind Tunnel|
2. Smoke Generator
|4||Energy conversion and fluid mechanics laboratory||180 m2||1. Multi cylinder Petrol Engine test rig with eddy current dynamometer with cooling water|
2. 4 Stroke single cylinder Petrol Engine test rig
3. Abel flash point Apparatus
4. Pensky Martins Apparatus
5. Boy’s gas calorimeter
6. Bomb Calorimeter
7. Torsion viscometer
8. Calibration of Venturimeter
9. Calibration of Rectangular notch apparatus
10. Verification of Bernoullis equation
|Simulation Lab /Design Modelling Analysis Lab/ Computer Aided Aircraft Drawing||96 m2|| |
1. 36 Computers(i5 processor with 4GB RAM)
2. ANSYS Multiphysics
3. MATLAB Software
4. Solid Edge Software
|6||Measurements and Metrology Lab||180 m2||1. Pressure Gauge|
4. Load cell
5. Optical Projector
6. Toolmaker Microscope.
8. Gear tooth micrometer
9. Slip Gauges
|7||Material Testing Lab||180 m2||1. Universal Testing Machine|
2. Hardness Testing Machine – Vicker’s, Brinell, Rockwel
3. Fatigue Testing Machine
4. Torsion Testing Machine
Measurement & Metrology Lab
Measurements & Metrology Lab of Aeronautical Engineering helps students to deploy the concepts learnt in theory to practical applications. The concept of accuracy, error and calibration is realized with experiments. Major experimental setup includes, Optical Projector, LVDT, Pressure gauge, Thermocouple, Load cell, micrometer and strain gauge, Slip gauges, and Mechanical Comparator for surface roughness measurement.
Machine shop Lab
Students are exposed to general purpose & Special purpose machine tools and different methods of manufacturing processes. The lab offers advanced equipment for turning & facing, knurling, drilling, boring, internal & external thread cutting, eccentric turning, shaping, milling and grinding machine. The outcome is that the students demonstrate the operation of general & Special purpose tools, and also can identify the special tools for specific requirements.
Material Testing Lab
Material testing lab provides the fundamental knowledge of materials and their properties thoroughly using state of the art equipment, that help students to get hands-on experience on different methods of material testing. Major equipment includes, Study of wear characteristics of ferrous, non-ferrous and composite materials, Magnetic Particle inspection, Vicker’s, Brinell and Rockwell hardness test rig, Tensile, Flexural, Torsional, Impact, shear and fatigue test rig. Also, the lab has Ultrasonic, Eddy Current Inspection techniques to help students, faculties and research scholars to carry out advanced research in modern tool usage.
Computer Aided Aircraft Drawing (CAAD)
CAAD lab transforms machine drawing knowledge to practical application of designing aircraft components. The students use SolidEdge software to design, thread forms, Fasteners, Keys & Joints, Couplings. Apart from these basic designs, they will learn to model and assemble Propeller and hub, wing, fuselage, Engine mounts, Main rotor of helicopter, Landing gear and UAV.
Aerodynamics Lab has been set up at the Department of Aeronautical Engineering, to carry out fundamental Aerodynamic experiments at UG & PG levels. The objective of the facility is to enhance academic experimentation and research studies in low Reynolds number Airfoil Steady flow Aerodynamics, flow control analysis and Symmetric and Cambered airfoil performance. The students are encouraged to carry out their academic projects on Aerodynamic analysis and experimentation in this lab.
Energy Conversion and Fluid Mechanics lab
Fluid mechanics study for Aeronautical Engineering plays a vital role in Aeronautical Engineering. Energy Conversion and Fluid mechanics Laboratory is actively engaged to reinforce and enhance understanding of the fundamentals of Fluid mechanics. The experiments here are designed to demonstrate the applications of the basic fluid engineering principles and to provide a more intuitive and physical understanding of the theory. The experimental setup includes, Torsion Viscometer, Venturimeter, Rectangular notch, Multi cylinder petrol Engine test rig with eddy current dynamometer with cooling water and 4 stroke single cylinder petrol engine test rig.
Aircraft Structures Lab
Aircraft Structure Lab caters to the academic and research requirement of UG & PG students, research scholars and faculties to carry out their research. In 2020, a grant of Rs. 15 Lakh is received from AICTE under Modernisation and Removal of Obsolescence (MODROBS) to install state-of-the-art research facility for Advanced Vibration analysis test setup, pin-on-disc wear test setup, shear centre test rig and Digital strain gauge. Apart from this, the lab has experimental setup to test Young’s modulus and Poisson’s ratio, test setup for verification of Maxwell’s theorem and to test shear failure of Bolted and Riveted Joints.
Aircraft Propulsion Lab
The Propulsion lab has the following major equipment:Low speed cascade wind tunnel, Propeller test rig, Nozzle flow setup and premixed flame with compressor. Apart from these, the facility holds forced Convective heat transfer setup and bomb calorimeter to study the performance of aviation fuel.
Modelling & Analysis Lab
Modeling and Analysis Lab is equipped with 36 high end computing systems with i5 processor and 4GB ram. Basic theoretical principles of Finite Element analysis are applied to solve real-time problems using Ansys simulation software. Major analysis includes, Isentropic Flow analysis in a 2D subsonic and supersonic Diffuser and nozzle, Stress analysis of Wing, Fuselage frame and tapered plate.
Flight Simulation Lab
Flight simulation Lab intends to introduce modern tool usage to model aeronautical vehicle dynamics and carry out complex analysis using MATLAB and related toolbox. The Flight simulation Lab has 36 computers with intel’s i5 processor and 4GB ram to help run simulations at a faster rate. A wide variety of experiments can be carried out such as, Straight and level flight simulation, take-off and landing with trajectory tracing, measuring static margin on stalling characteristics, Stability effect derivatives for pulse, doublet input in pitch and speed respectively.
- To conduct professional activities such as Guest lectures, Seminars, Technical Talks, Webinars, Industrial visits and Workshops,
- To enhance the technical capabilities of students beyond syllabus activities.
- To encourage a close knit interpersonal relationship among the students and promote the development of individual talents.
- To create opportunities for Leaderships, Event Management and Knowledge exchange platform for students.
SCHEME AND SYLLABUS
2015: Scheme & Syllabus – Click here
2017: Scheme & Syllabus – Click here
2018: Scheme & Syllabus – Click here
2021: Scheme & Syllabus – Click Here
|18MAT31||Transform Calculus , Fourier’s Series and Numerical Techniques||Module-1||Module-2||Module-3||Module-4||Module-5|
|18AE33||Mechanics of Materials||Module-1||Module-2||Module-3||Module-4||Module-5|
|18AE34||Elements of Aeronautics||Module-1||Module-2||Module-3||Module-4||Module-5|
|18AE35||Mechanics of Fluids||Module-1||Module-2||Module-3||Module-4||Module-5|
|18AE36||Measurement & Metrology||Module-1||Module-2||Module-3||Module-4||Module-5|
|18AE51||Management and Entrepreneurship||Module-1||Module-2||Module-3||Module-4||Module-5|
|18AE52||Aerodynamics – II||Module-1||Module-2||Module-3||Module-4||Module-5|
|18AE53||Aircraft Structures – I||Module-1||Module-2||Module-3||Module-4||Module-5|
|18AE54||Introduction to Composite Materials||Module-1||Module-2||Module-3||Module-4||Module-5|
|18AE55||Aircraft Systems & Instrumentation||Module-1||Module-2||Module-3||Module-4||Module-5|
|18AE56||Theory of Vibrations||Module-1||Module-2||Module-3||Module-4||Module-5|
|17AE72||Computational Fluid Dynamics||Module-1||Module-2||Module-3||Module-4||Module-5|
|17AE73||Aircraft Stability and Control||Module-1||Module-2||Module-3||Module-4||Module-5|
|17AE752||Wind Tunnel Techniques||Module-1||Module-2||Module-3||Module-4||Module-5|
|18MAT41||Complex Analysis, Probability and Statistical Method||Module-1||Module-2||Module-3||Module-4||Module-5|
|18AE44||Mechanisms And Machine Theory||Module-1||Module-2||Module-3||Module-4||Module-5|
|18AE45||Aircraft Material Science||Module-1||Module-2||Module-3||Module-4||Module-5|
|18AE62||Aircraft Structures – II||Module-1||Module-2||Module-3||Module-4||Module-5|
|18AE63||Finite Element Method||Module-1||Module-2||Module-3||Module-4||Module-5|
|18AE644||Gas Turbine Technology||Module-1||Module-2||Module-3||Module-4||Module-5|
|18AE653||Basics of Rockets & Missiles||Module-1||Module-2||Module-3||Module-4||Module-5|
|17AE82||Flight Vehicle Design||Module-1||Module-2||Module-3||Module-4||Module-5|
Flipped Class Room
Flipped Class Room is an instructional strategy and a type of blended learning focused on student engagement and active learning. It gives the instructor a better opportunity to deal with mixed levels of students. It allows addressing the student difficulties. The students are given a task to summarize and understand a topic by watching video lectures at home and present it in the classroom.
It provides the students to perform group discussion and produce ideas or solve problems. Students are asked to discuss about the topic and present their views. The faculties will summarize it. It helps to improve the presentation skill of the students.
Online classes in YouTube
The classes are recorded and uploaded to YouTube. Students can watch the video and understand the subject.
Students are taken to the industry for getting an idea of working environment in Industry. It also provides practical knowledge.
Technical talks are conducted by inviting eminent speakers in the respective domains. This will help to learn topics beyond the syllabus.
Workshops are conducted to provide hands on experience.
Clavin Wilton Sequeira has secured 4th Rank in Visveswaraya Technological University in 2020.
Vishnu Chandroth and Ms. Shwetha S have secured 2nd and 10th Rank respectively, in Visveswaraya Technological University in 2019.
Ms. Priyanka M and Mr. Dinakar have secured 2nd and 10th Rank respectively, in Visveswaraya Technological University in 2018.
Global Winner of Japanese Language Speech Contest
Mr. DACKLEN SUNDEEP DSOUZA Represented INDIA in the International Japanese Language Speech Contest. The 10th KakeGakuen Cup Japanese Speech International Convention Supported by the Embassy of Japan in India. The international event had 87 entries from India, along with participants from the United States, South Korea, Vietnam, China, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka and Vietnam. Ten top contenders from across the world competed for the final speech contest and Japanese proficiency under the theme of ‘What We Can Do Now-Overcoming Difficulties Against the Spread of the New Corona virus’. Dacklen represented India in the finale, after he was selected the regional winner, after two fiercely competitive rounds at the nationals.
KSCST Best Project of the Year Award-2019-20
For the innovative work done by students Mr. SANJAY M V, Mr. CLAVIN WILTON SEQUEIRA, Ms. T D TEESHMA, Ms. VISHALAKSHI T BANDIWAD is awarded with “BEST PROJECT OF THE YEAR AWARD” in the State level Project Competition conducted in 43rd Series of Student Project Programme 2019-20, Karnataka State Council for Science and Technology (KSCST).
Project Tittle: DESIGN AND MODELLING OF A VERTICAL AXIS WIND TURBINE TO EXTRACT WIND ENERGY FROM HIGHWAYS TO POWER ELECTRIC VEHICLE CHARGING STATIONS.
Guide: Mr. VISHWARETHA K R
Drone Delivery Challenge – VERTECHX 10.0
Students from 2nd and 3rd year Aeronautical Engineering has participated and secured 2nd and 3rd place in the event Drone Delivery Challenge at Vertechx 10.0, the Inter Collegiate National Level Technical Fest, MVJ College of Engineering.
2nd Place Secured by Gaurilaxmi G Purusha & Kavyashree P.
3rd Place Secured by Manoj Kumar B N, Mohd Zahur Ashraf, Roland Fernandes & Javeed Akhajesababagavana.
Republic Day Parade 2020
Mr. Madhukiran, student of Aeronautical Engineering Department has participated in the Republic Day Parade 2020 held at New Delhi
II Prize in “HOVERPOD” held at IIT Kharagpur
5thSem Students of Aeronautical Engineering Department have participated and won the 2nd Prize in event “HOVERPOD” held on 1st to 3rd November 2019 at IIT Kharagpur as part of National student space challenge.
South Zone NSS Pre Republic Day Parade Camp at National College, Dndigul Road, Tiruchirapalli, Tamil Nadu
Mr. Madhukiran, student from Aeronautical Engineering Department has participated in South Zone NSS Pre Republic Day Parade Camp. It includes Morning Assembly, Shramdan, Yoga, Physical Training, Community Singing, Parade Practice, Lectures, Discussions, Quiz, Debate and evening Cultural programmes.
Wright flight 2019 competition for RC plane
Final Year students of Aeronautical Engineering Department, participated in Wright flight 2019 competition for RC plane held on 18th October 2019 at National Institute of Technology Karnataka(NITK), Suratkal.
All INDIA VAYU SAINIK CAMP-2019
Cdt.Kiran K from the Department of Aeronautical Engineering, participated as Air Wing Cadet of Karnataka and Goa NCC Directorate and the Contingent finished at the fourth position in “All INDIA VAYU SAINIK CAMP-2019”, held during 5th October to 15th October 2019 at Jodhpur Rajastan.
Launch Your Rocket -A National Level competition
5thSem students won 2nd prize in a National Level competition titled, “Launch Your Rocket” held on 6th October 2019 at Chandigarh University, Punjab. Totally 16 teams were participated in the event. Two teams consisting of 5 members each participated in the event from MITE.
ISRO Hackathon on NAVIC Board 2019
The students of 5th semester have actively participated in the HACKATHON held on 20th to 22nd September 2019 for 36 hours on NAVIC BOARD APPLICATIONS developed by ISRO. It was a software and electronic based HACKATHON on developing the applications of ISRO’s NAVIC BOARD with prior presentation of the Introduction of board by the honored delegates from ISRO.
Workshop on Static Model Aircraft
Four students from 2nd year Aeronautical Engineering participated in the workshop held on 19th to 22nd August 2019 . The students were provided with balsa wood for making upper wing, lower wing, rudder, elevator and the fuselage by P80 grade. They were taught about the concept of AEROFOIL.
Pitch & Roll and Water Rocket Competition at IIAEM, Bangalore
Two teams from Aeronautical Engineering Department participated in the ‘PICH & ROLL’ and ‘WATER ROCKET’ event held at ‘INTERNATIONAL INSTITUTE OF AEROSPACE ENGINEERING AND MANAGEMENT’ Bangalore, on 5th October 2018. Students secured First place in RC INNOVATION (PITCH AND ROLL), Second place in WATER ROCKET, Third place in WATER ROCKET.
Hoverpod and Water Rocket Competition at NSSC, IIT Kharagpur
National level competition “Hoverpod and Water Rocket” was held on 5th to 7th October 2018 under the NSSC- National Students Space Challenge in IIT-Kharagphur. The team comprising 3rd year students Dacklen Sundeep D’Souza, Savi Shetty, Tejaswini, Manish Salian and Clavin Rodrigues secured the First place in the ‘Hoverpod’ competition. Arpith Jain, Nirahankar, Pooja, Ashwatharama Prabhu and Glenn Shannon D’Souza secured the Second place.
- Arpith Jain, Clavin Anton Rodrigues, Glenn Shannon D’souza, Pooja N “Gesture Controlled UAV Drone”, AIP Coference Proceedings (ISSN:0094243X)
- Poornachandra S Goudar, Abdulrehaman Patel, Syed ShoebWazeer, TulaskarSanjanaDamodar “Computational Analysis on Hybrid Composite Material”, AIP Coference Proceedings (ISSN:0094243X)
- Priyanka Lokesh, Rakshith T M, Vijetha B.S, Rahul S Balimane, “Synthesis And Characterisation of Hydrogen Fuel from Biowaste Recovery”, AIP Coference Proceedings (ISSN:0094243X)
- Clavin Wilton Sequeira, Nithyashree U “Aerodynamic Design, Analysis, Fabrication And Testing of a Claw Yaw Sphere for Subsonic Flow”, AIP Coference Proceedings (ISSN:0094243X)
- Rajput Yash, Muhammad Raafid, Mithul Das “Design and Development of Flying Car for Green Transportation”, AIP Coference Proceedings (ISSN:0094243X)
- T D Teeshma, Vishalakshi T Bandiwad, Sanjay M V, Clavin Wilton Sequeira “Numerical Design and Modelling of a Vertical Axis Wind Turbine to extract Wind Energy from Highways to power Electric Vehicle charging stations”, AIP Coference Proceedings (ISSN:0094243X)
- Dane Hubert Saldanha, GranvilAnush Dsouza, Madhurima R Londhe, Stanvil Dsouza “Fabrication, Analysis and Testing of Sandwich Composite for an UAV wing”, AIP Coference Proceedings (ISSN:0094243X)
- Manoj Kumar Mahanteshaiah, S Arpitha Holla, K. S. Nirahankar, Akhil Sivan “Environmental Pollution Control Using Artificial Intelligence Drone”, AIP Conference Proceedings 2311, 030031, 2020.
- Clavin Wilton SequeiraM. V. Sanjay “Efficiency Analysis of Aerospike Nozzle by Comparison with a de-Lavel Nozzle Using Computational Fluid Dynamics”Advances in Fluid and Thermal Engineering , Part of the Lecture Notes in Mechanical Engineering book series (LNME)
- Vinaykumar Doddamani, P Umeshkumar P ,Amaresh Wavare, Mahanthesh M “Construction of Hele Shaw Apparatus for Subsonic Flow Visualization” at “International Conference on “Technology Innovation in Mechanical Engineering” (TIME-2021) organized by the Department of Mechanical Engineering, SISTec-Gandhinagar, Bhopal (22nd – 23rd Apr 2021).
- RakshijaJ, Pratap , Sushanth , S M Shanth Kumar “Design of 15 Holed Cobra Probe for Subsonic Wind Tunnel Calibration” in the National Conference on Sustainable Research in Energy and Environment (SREE-2021) organized jointly by NIT Jalandhar under the aegis of TEQIP-III, Ministry of Education, Govt. of India ( 15th – 16th January 2021).
AIREINO – A student club of the Department of Aeronautical Engineering, MITE has become a brand in itself, after successfully winning multiple events across the country at Premier Institutes in the past 5 years. The club was established in the year 2015, with an aim to provide a platform to the budding Aero-enthusiasts from across the campus.
Objectives of AIREINO
Student member teams of AIREINO participate in major National and International events organized by Airbus, Boeing, IITs, NITs, and other premier Institutes. This year due to COVID, all the events are organized virtually keeping in mind the convenience and safety of the participants.
A Grant of Rs. 1 lakh from AICTE under Scheme for Promoting Interests, Creativity and Ethics among Students (SPICES)
The student club “AIREINO” of Aeronautical Engineering Department, MITE has received grant of Rs.1 Lakh from AICTE under Scheme for Promoting Interests, Creativity, and Ethics among Students (SPICES) in 2020. The student Club “AIREINO”, which aims at elevating the interest of students in flying, irrespective of their branch of Study.
The Vision of the club is to motivate young minds to develop innovative solutions in Aeronautics, using the state-of-the-art workplace with access to IoT, AI, and ML facilities. Promote Interdisciplinary research activities to enhance quality product development.
AIRENO trains students in building the RC Aircrafts, Hover pods, Drones and encourage them to participate in State and National level competitions. The students will not only get hands-on experience of flying RC aircraft, which includes fixed-wing RC Airplanes, Quad-copters, and Hovercrafts but also collaborate with students from different branches and can come out with innovative solutions. They will also learn leadership and resource management skills, as organizers. This will help them shape their career with a strong foundation of required skills and confidence to solve complex problems of society.
Dr. Anand SN, Professor and Head, Department of Aeronautical Engineering.
Mr. Ajith Kumar, Sr. Assistant Professor, Department of Aeronautical Engineering.
By using the facility provided at AIREINO club on-campus, the students have been actively participating in all the major aero events across the country including at IITs, NITs and other premier institutes. They have won at 17 national level events and 7 state level events in the past 3 years. AIREINO, has organized 4 national level events, and 3 regional level events on-campus.
The Student members of the AIREINO club are actively participating in major National & International events since its inception in 2015. The Department of Aeronautical Engineering supports competitive student teams, with the required technical support from the subject experts, to maximize the chances of winning the competition.
The students of Aireino Club has secured 2nd place in “HOVERPOD” held at IIT Kharagpur
The students of Aireino Club has participated in Wright Flight-2019 held at NITK Surathkal
|1||24 to 27 Mar 2017||International Go-Kart Championship Lovely Professional University, Punjab||Team AIREINO member Md. Yunus A Represented Team India in International Go-Kart Championship 2017|
|1||26th January 2020||Republic Day Parade 2020||AIREINO team member Cdt. Madhu Kiran participated in New Delhi|
|2||1st to 3rd November 2019||“HOVERPOD” held at IIT Kharagpur||Team AIREINO secured 2nd Place|
|3||16th to 25th October 2019||South Zone NSS Pre Republic Day Parade Camp at National College, Dndigul Road, Tiruchirapalli, TN||AIREINO core team member Cdt. Kiran K|
|4||5th to 7th October 2019||National Student Space Challenge, IIT Kharagpur||Team AIREINO secured 1st Place in Hoverpod 2nd Place in Water Rocket|
|5||6th October 2019||Launch Your Rocket – National Level competition, Chandigarh University, Punjab.||Team AIREINO Secured : 2nd Place|
|6||5th October to 15th October 2019||SAir wing Cadet of Karnataka and Goa NCC Directorate contingent All INDIA VAYU SAINIK CAMP-2019, Jodhpur Rajasthan||AIREINO core team member Cdt. Kiran K Secured 4th Place|
|7||5th Oct 2018||‘Pitch and Roll’ ‘Water Rocket’ International Institute of Aerospace Engg and Mgmt, IIAEM, Bangalore||Team AIREINO secured 1st place In RC Innovation (Pitch And Roll) and 2nd and 3rd Place In Water Rocket|
|8||14th to 19th Feb 2018||Hovercraft at IIT BHU, Varanasi||Team AIREINO secured: 8th Place (Out of 42 teams)|
|9||14th to 19th Feb 2018||Momentum (Water Rocket) at IIT BHU, Varanasi||Team AIREINO secured: 6th Place (Out of 25 teams)|
|10||16th to 18th Feb 2018||La – Trajectria (RC- Plane) at IIT BHU, Varanasi||Team AIREINO secured: 4th Place (Out of 80 teams)|
|11||16th to 18th Feb 2018||Drone Tech at IIT BHU, Varanasi||Team AIREINO secured: 2nd Place (Out of 65 teams)|
|12||27th to 29th Oct 2017||Avion-E (National level RC Plane competition) at NIT, Warangal-Technozion 17||Team AIREINO secured : 5th Place|
|13||12th Oct 2017||Wright Flight (RC Plane competition) at NITK Surathkal||Team AIREINO secured : 3rd Place|
|14||1st to 3rd Sep 2017||National Student Space Challenge 17 at IIT Kharagpur by Md. Yunus A||Worked as a student Ambassador|
|15||30th to 31st Oct 2017||Udaan(National level RC Plane competition) at Nitte Meenakshi, Bangalore||Team AIREINO secured: 3rd Place|
|16||31st Oct 2017||Aviation quiz at Nitte Meenakshi, Bangalore||Team AIREINO secured: 1st Place|
|17||25th Jan 2014||The Aerotrix Super Challenge organized by Aerotrix, IIST, Trivendrum||Team AIREINO Best design Award|
The Department of Aeronautical Engineering, MITE, has a rich tradition of motivating budding Aero / RC enthusiasts to build and fly their own RC planes on campus. This is the third version of Vayuyana, which attracted more than 20 teams of 6 each, from around the country to the MITE.