Artificial intelligence (AI) is wide-ranging branch of computer science concerned with building smart machines capable of performing tasks that typically require human intelligence. The field of artificial intelligence has been an interdisciplinary endeavor, requiring deep knowledge of both computational and human sciences. Machine learning is an application of artificial intelligence (AI) that provides systems the ability to automatically learn and improve from experience without being explicitly programmed. Machine learning focuses on the development of computer programs that can access data and use it learn for themselves.
Advancements in machine learning and deep learning are creating a paradigm shift in virtually every sector of the tech industry. Moreover, the growing impact of AI on society demands that graduates are capable and ethical collaborators, able to ensure the safe and effective adoption of new technologies across domains.
The program begins with introductory courses in programming, computer science, mathematics, and statistics that provide a firm technical foundation. From there, learn core AI concepts and techniques including AI & ML Techniques, Virtual Reality, Web Applications using Machine Learning Techniques, Natural Language and Image Processing, Robotic Process Automation, Business Analytics, Speech Processing, Cognitive systems, Biometrics Systems, computer vision, and language understanding. The program includes a variety of advanced AI electives, enabling technical mastery in specific subfields. Also, specific electives are introduced that will focus on the Application of AI in various industry.
Labs and Practicals
- Data Structures Lab, Algorithms Lab
- Micro-controller and Embedded Systems Lab
- AI and Machine Learning Lab
- Web Applications Lab
- Natural Language and Image Processing Lab
- Mobile Application Development & Robotics Lab
- Internet of Things Lab
Course Outcomes (COs)
2018 Scheme Click Here
Department Advisory Board
B.Tech – Information Technology
M.Tech – Computer Science & Engineering
Ph.D – Computer Engineering
Areas of Interest
- Speech Recognition
- Software Engineering
Professional Body Memberships
- Life Member ofIndian Society for Technical Education (ISTE)
- Member of Computer Society of India (CSI)
- Life Member of Institution of Engineers (India) (IEI) (M-1559812)
- International Association of Engineers (IAENG) (284179)
- Java Programming
- Object Oriented Programming Using C++
- Software Engineering
- Data Structures
- Artificial Intelligence
- Advanced Software Engineering
- Software Engineering Methodologies
Workshops/FDPs/SDPs Attended and Conducted
Conference /Journal Publications
- S.Kaur, P.Mittal, Classification of Audio Segments using Voice Activity Detection, International Journal of Computer Sciences and Engineering, 8(9), pp, 101-105, 2020 (UGC approved)
- P.Mittal, N.Singh, Subword analysis of small vocabulary and large vocabulary ASR for Punjabi language, International Journal of Speech Technology, Springer, 23 (1), pp. 71-78, 2020 (ESCI, Scopus Indexed)
- P.Mittal, N.Singh, Development and analysis of Punjabi ASR system for mobile phones under different acoustic models, International Journal of Speech Technology, Springer, 22 (1), pp. 219-230, 2019 (ESCI, Scopus Indexed)
- P.Mittal, N.Singh, Speaker Independent Recognition of Spoken Punjabi Alphabets, Vowels and Auxiliary Signs, International Journal of Control Theory and Applications, 10 (28), pp. 239-248, 2017
- M.Kaur, P.Mittal, Speaker Recognition Based on Feature Extraction in Clean and Noisy Environment, International Journal for Research in Applied Science & Engineering Technology (IJRASET), 6(4), pp. 3329-3327, 2018
- S.Sharma, P. Mittal, An Approach to Detect Credit Card Frauds using Attribute Selection and Ensemble Techniques, International Journal of Computer Applications, 180(21), pp. 1-6, 2018.
- J.Kaur, P.Mittal, On Developing an Automatic Speech Recognition System for Commonly used English Words in Indian English, International Journal on Recent and Innovation Trends in Computing and Communication, 5(7) pp.87-92, 2017.
- S.Kaur, P.Mittal, Segmentation of Overlapping Elliptical Objects using K-Mean Clustering Method, International Journal of Advanced Research in Computer Science, 8 (5), pp. 266-272, 2017
- P.Kaur, P. Mittal, Impact of Clones Refactoring on External Quality Attributes of Open Source Softwares, International Journal of Advanced Research in Computer Science, 8 (5), pp. 90-95, 2017
- P.K. Sarao, P. Mittal, G. S. Dhanjal, Delphi based Auto narrator for web and mobile Traffic Analysis, International Journal of Computer Applications, 145(11), pp. 17-25, 2016
- P. Kaur, P. Mittal, Prediction model for bug re-opens in Mozilla Firefox, International Journal of Computer Science & Engineering Technology, 6(7), pp.399-408, 2015
- P.K. Sarao, P. Mittal, R. Kaur, Narrative Science Systems: A Review,International Journal of Research in Computer Science, 5(1), pp. 9-14, 2015
- A. Chugh, P. Mittal, Security Enhancement by Integrating Image Classification with Digital Watermarking, International Journal of Advanced Research in Computer Science and Software Engineering, 4(4), pp. 1099-1104, 2014
- P. Mittal, S. Singh, K.S. Kahlon, Empirical Model for Predicting Faults using Object Oriented Metrics in Mozilla Firefox, International Journal of Computer Technology & Research, 1(6),pp. 151 -161, 2013
- S. Singh, P. Mittal, K.S.Kahlon, Empirical Model for Predicting High, Medium and Low Severity Faults using Object OrientedMetrics in Mozilla Firefox, IJCAT- Inderscience, 47(2/3), pp.110-124, 2013 (ESCI, Scopus Indexed)
- International Conference on Advancements in Computing and Communication held at BBSBEC, Fatehgarh Sahib, Punjab (23-25 February, 2012)
- 41st ISTE Annual National Convention-2011 organized by BBSBEC, Fatehgarh Sahib, Punjab (16-18 December, 2011)
- 51st Engineers’ Day Theme: Digital Transformation: A new Industrial Revolution organized by IEI Punjab and Chandigarh state centre, Chandigarh (15 September, 2018)
- P. Mittal et al. “Blockchain for 5G-enabled IoT for Industrial Automation” Patent No. 2020104213, Date of Filing: 22/12/2020, Date of Grant: 24/02/21, IP Australia, Australian Government.
- P. Mittal et al. “A Safety System and Method for Tracking or Monitoring Location and Health Parameters of User” Patent No. 2020102726, Date of Filing: 14/10/2020, Date of Publication: 05/11/2020, Date of Grant: 16/12/2020, IP Australia, Australian Government.
- P. Mittal et al. “System and Method for Crop Protection from Animals Using Smart Sensors” Patent No. 2020103507, Date of Filing: 18/11/2020, Date of Publication: 15/01/2021, Date of Grant: 20/01/2021, IP Australia, Australian Government.
B.E – Computer Science & Engg
M.Tech – Computer Science & Engg
Areas of interest
- Digital Image Processing
- Computer Networks
Workshops /FDPs Attended
- Radha E.G “Image and Video De-Hazing Algorithm Using Color Attenuation Prior” in 7th International Conference on Emerging Trends in Engineering (ICETE-2017) at NMAMIT, on 12th May 2017, ISSN 2249-0426
Department Forum – ARTIFERA
ARTIFERA – ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE ERA is a student association of Artificial Intelligence & Machine learning department established on 17 th November, 2021. Its main objective is to create awareness and groom professionals skilled in the area of Artificial Intelligence & Machine learning. All students of Artificial Intelligence and Machine learning department are members of this association. It provides platform to the students to enhance their technical as well as non technical skills. ARTIFERA organizes various technical events like technical talks, workshops, quiz, project competition and exhibitions etc. In addition, department forum aims to promote research and entrepreneurial skills in students. Students are encouraged to participate in non technical events also for their holistic development.
“Our intelligence is what makes us human, and AI is an extension of that quality.” – Yann LeCun
Committee Members – Academic Year 2021-22
1. Mr. Prajeet Chendekar President, Second year
2. Mr. Karthik Raj Shetty Secretary, Second year
3. Mr. Dhruva Kumar Shetty Treasurer, Second year
4. Mr. Shreevatsan Placement Coordinator, Second year
5. Mr. Vishal Cultural Coordinator, Second year
6. Mr. Nandu Krishna G Sports Coordinator, Second year