“Preserving the integrity, stability, and beauty of the humans”
The Department of Humanities was established in 2007 at MITE, The term humanities include, but is not limited to, the study of languages, linguistics, and literature it helps students build knowledge of the content and methods toward their professional career, and emphasize creative writing. It also provides General Education courses in Communication. Humanities is an interdisciplinary approach to knowledge, evident in their involvement in programs like how to develop their language, build proficiency, and have innovative, imaginative, and resourceful skills. Our graduates are well prepared for professional and graduate study and lifelong learning. They pursue career upgrade skills in every field of science. The Department’s policies and its reading- and writing-intensive curriculum demonstrate our commitment to the liberal arts. The course covers all the areas of grammar necessary for undergraduate students of engineering. This includes topics such as reading/writing/listening comprehension, note-taking, summarizing, report writing, along with elements of grammar and vocabulary.
- To provide appropriate pedagogies – including class size – and environments (classrooms, equipment, resources, and technology) that will lead to student retention and success.
- To help students see themselves as professionals, as part of a discipline with skills and abilities.
- To give students a sense of themselves as citizens of a larger community by encouraging participation in service-learning and diverse and international course work and programming.
- To assure that students encounter creativity crucial to English studies through readings by professional writers, and their creative presentation.
- Convey knowledge on vocabularies and practices used to consider them.
- Give students an understanding of and an appreciation for the English language.
- Provide students with sophisticated writing and critical thinking skills that were useful not only in the academy but also in the world at large.
- Offers opportunities to explore identity, values, manners, and morals.
M.A, B.Ed (ENGLISH)
Areas of Interest
Technical English And Verbal Ability
Workshops / FDPs / SDPs / STTPs Attended/Conducted
Content Beyond Syllabus
- The Department conducts debates, quiz programs, presentations, role-plays, etc to improve their communication skills.
- Quizzes and competitions are held regularly to enrich their academic competitiveness.
- There are verbal ability sessions conducted for students to enhance their vocabulary skills which will pave a great way in the future, in the other hand the tests too are given to evaluate their assimilation level.
- Students are encouraged to do in-house projects to amend their creative skills.
- Audio-visual equipment is used extensively to aid visual detainment.
- They are trained to write business letters, intra-office memos of various types of proposals, etc.
- Essays on topics of technical interest also form part of the student work routine.
In addition to the above-mentioned activities, the following activities are also arranged
Seminars, which involve learning groups, provide an opportunity for active discussions on relevant topics. They help develop transferable skills such as communication and teamwork and offer a platform to participate fully in the learning process.
Communication Skills / Personality Development
The students are helped in developing the Communication and Soft Skills course. Intensive training will be imparted in the areas of group discussions, interview techniques, verbal ability, presentations,
Apart from academics, the department is special in having classes in communication skills and personality development in the third and fourth years as well. All these classes involve conversation, extempore, role-play and group discussion, etc. to provide real-life experience.