Our “MISSION” and the “CORE VALUES” are translated to achieve and sustain highest level of Satisfaction, in fact, Delight of all stakeholders of MITE. It is important to understand that this can be achieved only by everyone associated with MITE working as an integral part of MITE, delivering products and services of the organization to meet the stated and implied needs and expectations of the student community, in particular. All staff members of MITE should be committed to working on continuous improvement of our products and services with proper problem solving and problem preventing methodologies and its true realization lies in the achievement of every student as reflected by satisfaction and delight of every one of our stakeholders.
As a progressive organization operating in competitive environments and engaged in teaching and imparting knowledge, and conducting research in associated fields, we do understand that students constitute an important group of our stakeholders. When the students are on our campus, they are considered to be away from their parents, and we, as MITE are committed to assume and perform parental role as well, and this shall, as should be reflected in the code of conduct, appearing below for students, and this, we hope everyone will understand, welcome and appreciate. The broad guiding principles of running the organization are based on trust and confidence and any breach of trust and confidence on anyone’s part shall be severely dealt with.
SERVICE RULES :: Rules and Guidelines
FOR STAFF MEMBERS
- All staff members should maintain absolute integrity, emotional identity and highest level of passion for their professional, personal and organizational performance and also maintain highest standards of discipline.
- All staff members should understand and abide by the values, rules and regulations of the organization and work with a spirit of cooperation in a totally integrated fashion to deliver high-quality organizational products and services.
- All our students shall be treated alike irrespective of various and diverse factors and should be provided with individual attention for growth and wellbeing.
- No malpractices should be encouraged or tolerated and staff members should, by their involvement and direct immediate action, provide for smooth and fair playing ground to every student in every area of operation, aimed at their individual growth and consistent performance to make all students, competent professionals and excellent human beings, at large.
- Methods of teaching should be constantly reviewed, improved and innovated such that teaching is extremely effective to the weakest of the students without becoming non-interesting to strong students.
- Keeping in line with and in complete resonance with the Core Values cherished by MITE, all staff members are to maintain constant and thorough vigil against all evils like provoking, threatening, intimidation, use of alcoholic beverages and banned drugs, ragging, gender discrimination, sexual harassment and all such activities including violation of safety standards, adversely affecting the good order and discipline of the entire campus.
- All staff members shall effectively and completely own up MITE in all their transactions with students and their parents/guardians who are our valued group of stakeholders and every interaction with them should be orchestrated such that it leaves a positive residue.
- All students should be fully focused and completely committed to their studies as well as to excellent human behavior while on the campus or even outside. They should make all attempts to be in passionate love with all their subjects in the curriculum and should eagerly look forward to acquiring knowledge and learning far beyond their syllabus.
- The success of teaching-learning process, to a great extent, depends on the willingness, wantedness and enthusiasm of the students. While teachers are very well equipped to teach them even far beyond their syllabus into greater depths of the subjects, students should well receive the deliverables as an excellent group of stakeholders to make full use of it for their bright future.
- All students are expected to treat MITE staff Members, teaching as well as non-teaching, as senior members of their family with consideration, fellow feeling and due respect as they are always.
- Students shall never resort to any malpractice, whatsoever, in any of their activities, including interpersonal relationships with other students and MITE staff members. Students should develop, cultivate and maintain discipline throughout their association with the college and all time to come, thereafter.
- Students should be totally committed to perfect their learning methods, and should well remember that, while teaching is the ultimate responsibility of the teachers, learning is, completely the responsibility of the students, and attempts to delegate this to the teachers shall never bear any fruit.
- All students are to maintain constant and thorough vigil against all evils like provoking, threatening, intimidation, use of alcoholic beverages and banned drugs, ragging, gender discrimination, sexual harassment and all such activities including violation of safety standards, Persons involving in any such and all other related evils should be immediately reported to competent authorities in the college for prompt remedial action.
Mangalore Institute of Technology and Engineering (MITE) established with a vision to impart quality education, adhering to the needs of sharp young minds empowering them with in-depth knowledge and skills, creating future innovators and leaders. For overall growth and development, to sustain quality and establish itself as one of the Institutes of Excellence in the country in Technical Education it is necessary to have collaboration and access to information available in Institution through information technology with E-Governance as security for maintaining transparency.
E-Governance policy highlights the importance of Smart Governance for improving the internal organizational processes. The policy helps in achieving efficacy in various operations of the institution in an integrated manner ensuring clarity in different functionalities like E- administration, E-services related to Finance, Accounts, Student Admission and Support, Examination, Library and for the direct involvement of stakeholders in administrative and decision-making process.
Objectives of implementing E-Governance Policy:
- To enhance good governance in the Institution by attaining efficiency in the organizational processes through effective participation, transparency and
- To promote paperless administration.
- To provide easy access to information facilitating electronic mode of communication amongst all departments and stakeholders of the institution.
MITE shall adopt E-governance to enhance good governance by enabling quick and transparent Integration of internal organizational processes, promoting participation of all stakeholders, for the continuous advancement and global recognition of the institution.
Areas of Implementation of E-Governance:
To provide a hassle-free environment for the overall administration of the institution, various organizational processes should be integrated with ICT based technology – a user-friendly Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) solution to automate various modules of institutional functioning like
- Biometric Attendance System: The centralized attendance monitoring system for all the staff of the Institution which is required to ensure error-free, easy access and better management of staff
- Leave Management System: Facilities should be provided in the ERP system for online leave management of employees.
- Student Admission and Support: The Institution has to process the student admissions using the ERP software. The data should be well organized and stored in centralized database for further use and should be made available to other required modules of ERP system for monitoring students’ academic performance.
- Internal Assessment Evaluation: There should be well-designed Internal Assessmentevaluation modules in the ERP system. Course-wise lesson plan, timetable, question papers, scheme of valuation, internal assessment marks, attendance entry, should be made available in the ERP system. Provision should be made for students and parents to verify the IA marks, attendance and academic progress through ERP system.
- SMS system for sending IA marks & attendance: SMS system has to be implemented effectively to provide information to the parents on academic performance of their wards.
- Finance and Accounts:
Suitable financial software tool/ERP system should be used to handle institution’s financial transactions and to maintain accounting information with utmost care. Appropriate security measures should be taken for maintaining the confidentiality of the transactions.
The necessary training to all the staff to be provided for the effective usage of ERP system.
- Electronic mode of Communication:
Email is a common communication method for sharing information with all stakeholders. To transmit documents and other information, the institution must extend email facility to all the departments and staff thereby encouraging reduced paper usage and promoting carbon-free campus.
Website is one of the technological tools through which the Institution shares its academic profiles with the rest of the world. The website acts as a mirror of the college activities reflecting the information about admission criteria, courses, facilities, departments, faculty information, research activities, placements, alumni information, important notices, etc. For this purpose, a separate service provider/web designer may be appointed by the Institution or can be developed in-house. Qualified personnel should be identified at the college level for website administration.
Library is an integral part of the learning process to promote effective teaching-learning. All the Library functions should be automated with standard library management software. Barcoding system to be installed for easy and fast access to library resources. Provisions should be made in the library for having access to Digital Library through the software. Library should be equipped with high-speed Internet facilities for the access of e-Resources. There should be an anti-plagiarism tool in place intended for use by the faculty & students.
- University Examination:
The institution to be equipped with adequate IT infrastructure to carry out University examination-related work with utmost confidentiality as per the instructions of the University.
- Alumni Portal :
In order to strengthen the alumni network, a separate alumni portal should be started providing facilities like registration, information of college activities, prominent alumni, milestones achieved by alumni and their feedback. For this purpose, a separate alumni coordinator at the college level be appointed to take care of the entire activity.
Review of Policy
The management of the institution reserves the right to implement e-governance even in other indispensable areas and amend the policy issues as and when required
MITE is committed to impart quality education in a serene, conducive environment with extreme care for nature in all the activities conducted towards the ultimate good of society.
The objectives of the policy in promoting sustainability and environmental awareness are:
- To ensure sustainable Green Campus through landscaping with trees and plants, reduce air pollution, and maintain a plastic-free environment.
- To conserve water resources by Rain Water Harvesting, recharging of bore wells, recycling of wastewater, and maintaining a clean water distribution system.
- To reduce energy consumption, energy waste and to promote clean energy resources.
- To handle and dispose of degradable and non-degradable waste through safe and environmentally sustainable methods.
- To educate the students and the staff on sustainable development, conservation of natural resources and encourage them to work in an environmentally responsible manner.
To inspire the students and the faculty to involve in collaborative research, innovative projects, start-ups related to environmental issues, sustainable solutions, and rural development, and also to contribute to national-level initiatives by the government.
MITE is committed to safeguard and create awareness about the Cyber security Threats.
POLICY AND STRATEGY OF CYBERSECURITY AND MANAGEMENT
User accounts and Administration
(a) Students and faculty should use their own accounts and maintain cyber sanitization as per Institutes instructions.
(b) Maintain required account management policies and should not tamper with their own requirements.
(c) Students should inform institutes about any type of misconfiguration found in their accounts. Faculty should also follow the same.
(d) Students and teachers should maintain their entry/exit information correctly.
(e) Students and faculty should not make any type of user account bypassing techniques and follow all rules as per IT Act 2000.
(f) Students and faculty should follow every instruction of institutes about their user account management.
General user accounts
(a) General purpose users should access their accounts as per instruction of faculty.
(b) Users should not try to install unwanted software/programs without prior permission of Institutes/faculty.
(c) Users should accept time to time policy implementations and follow the rules as per the guidance of faculty.
(d) Students/teachers should not use these accounts for social media/personal purposes.
(e) Students/teachers should not save unwanted media and files in this account.
(f) Students/teachers should not access other data with the help of these accounts.
Special user accounts
(a) Students should not access this account without prior permission of faculty.
(b) Any discrepancy in these accounts should be treated as a punishable offense.
(c) Credentials of these accounts should be kept with the lab in charge.
(d) Passwords of these accounts should be changed periodically.
(a) Users should maintain the physical security of the system.
(b) Users and lab assistants should monitor the lab and its premises from time to time.
(c) They should make a close watching procedure on CCTV cameras and should maintain CCTV cameras in good working conditions.
(d) Lab in-Charges should ensure security management of entrance and exit of lab premises.
(e) Lab in-Charges should keep the necessary records of lab timing and asset management.
SECURITY AUDIT AND INCIDENT HANDLING
(a) Cyber Security Audits will be done to ensure and follow cybersecurity policies and advisories issued by AICTE and National IT security policy.
(b) Audit will be conducted by institutions four times in a year.
Raise National awareness about risks in Cyberspace
To regularly conduct Awareness Workshops on Cyber Security
The Rights of Persons with Disabilities Act, 2016, specifically refers to the ease of access for the differently-abled to the public or private buildings, workplaces, commercial activities, public utilities, religious, cultural, leisure or recreational activities, medical or health services, etc. The government is also committed towards the socio-economic transformation of differently-abled, by adopting global best practices.
The right to education focuses on the need to have inclusive education, where students with learning difficulties and identified disabilities fulfill their educational needs through disability-friendly support system and equal opportunities provided at the educational institutes. AICTE guidelines expect the Engineering institutes across the country to provide disabled-friendly arrangements in the campus for the mobility and independent functioning of differently-abled.
MITEupholding the core value of “family culture” believes in fair and equitable treatment to all, and has well defined policy for the differently-abled, since inception, with the objective of providing inclusive education which will enable them to develop their capabilities and skills, accelerating the process of their social integration
“It is our commitment to provide inclusive education to differently-abled through nurturing and motivating environment, providing equal opportunities to explore their potential and eliminate any kind of stigmatization so that they become competent individuals”.
The institute has built a disabled-friendly environment, taking special care of some of the common problems faced by the differently-abled in their independent functioning and mobility and has provided the following facilities to differently-abled students, staff members and guests visiting the campus