The Department of Master of Business Administration (MBA) was started in the year 2008 with the primary objective of providing world-class education in the field of management. The Department was established out of heartfelt need to groom excellent future managers. The MBA program is affiliated to VTU and approved by AICTE, New Delhi. The curriculum is a product of a philosophy that seeks to amalgamate the best of both theory and practice. The current intake is 120 students per year.
The Master of Business Administration (MBA) at MITE is a 4-semester regular program spread over two academic years. The course structure is designed to impart knowledge of the core management concepts and techniques in the first year which is, thereafter, upgraded to imparting advanced knowledge and practicing skills in the areas of specialization opted for by the students in the final year.
The Department currently offers dual specialization in the following areas:
The pedagogy of MBA at MITE is a blend of simulation exercises such as case discussions, live projects, and student presentations along with conventional classroom teaching. The evaluation of performance comes through class participation, case discussion, report preparation, presentations, viva-voce along with other parameters. Students are also encouraged to take part in different Club activities to provide them opportunities to learn practical aspects of Management.
MBA Department at MITE has faculty who are alumni of some of the best Institutes in the world and who have decades of International experience in Multinational companies. Profile of faculty is one of the most salient features of this department. The Department has credit in conducting numerous guest lectures on contemporary issues, delivered by eminent corporate personalities. The department is endeavoring to carve a niche for itself amongst the Business-Schools in the state in providing the best training to the prospective managers. In Addition to the high quality teaching, department conducts activities of social importance like, skill development among the graduate students of surrounding first grade colleges.
The Department has been consistently delivering the best results and has been amongst the top three in the Mysore Zone for MBA Results. Also adding a feather to its cap, Ms. Deeksha of 2012 batch secured I Rank in VTU Examination, 2012.
To develop transformational global leaders through perfection and innovative learning.
- Developing a set of highly qualified goal oriented human resource.
- Follow highest standards of excellence in imparting management education
- To contribute positively to the society by creating efficient and globally responsible citizens
- To provide conducive environment for research
Program Educational Objectives (PEO’s)
- To provide conceptual basis of various functional levels of organization
- To understand fundamental premises underlying business driven strategies
- To equip students with necessary knowledge and managerial skills to occupy positions of management and administration in business, industry and government
- To equip the future managers with decision making skills in order to enable them to address multifarious problems of dynamic global environment.
PROGRAM SPECIFIC OUTCOMES (PSO’S)
- The graduates acquire the necessary knowledge in all aspects of management like Marketing, Finance, human resources etc.
- The graduates acquire the necessary skills and competencies required for a successful manager to handle all aspects of Business
- The graduates acquire necessary experience in organizing and managing events through activity based learning.
Program Outcomes (PO’s)
- Apply knowledge of management theories and practices to solve business problems.
- Foster analytical and critical thinking abilities for data based decision making.
- Ability to develop value based leadership ability.
- Ability to understand, analyze and communicate global, economic, legal and ethical aspects of business
- Ability to lead themselves and others in the achievement of organizational goals, contributing effectively to a team environment.
Department Advisory Board
- Mr. Jayadeva Prasad. M, Professor and HOD Chairperson
- Dr. G.L. Easwara Prasad, Principal Member
- Dr. Jayashri Shetty, Associate Professor, Dept. of MBA, Member
- Mr. Dheeraj Sheety, General Manager – HR.JBF Petrochemicals, Mangalore, Member, Industry Representative
- Mr. K. Abhaya Kumar, Senior Assistant Professor, Dept. of MBA, Member
- Mr. Pradeep Kumar. B. R, Senior Assistant Professor, Dept. of MBA, Member
- Mr. Ajith DMello, Assistant Professor, Dept. of MBA, Member
- Ms. Verina D’Souza, Assistant Professor, Dept. of MBA, Member
- Mr. Varun. K, Assistant Professor, Dept. of MBA, Member
- Dr. Suphala Kotian Professor, A J Institute of Hospital Management Academic Representative
- Mr. Sheraz.H. Shaikh, Alumni, Member
- Mr.Blany Preetham D’Souza, Alumni, Member
- Mr. Jyestara Joisa, Student, Member
- Ms. Sakshi Pujari, Student, Member
- State-of-the-art infrastructure
- Hi-speed Internet Connectivity
- Highly conducive environment for research
- Enormous Industry-Academia Relationship
- Good Library facilities equipped with core subject books, magazines and journals, and inspirational management books
- Good conference halls
The Mathematics Research Centre was established in the year 2015. Its Research activities encompass a broad range of areas such as Applied Mathematics, Aerodynamics, Fluid Dynamics , Computation Fluid Dynamics and Numerical Simulations.
Four Research scholars are pursuing research in the Departmental research centre, two of which are working Stability analysis and other in the Numerical Simulations.
The research Centre has nearly 20 publications.
We at MITE MBA believe that Management cannot be taught within the four walls of a classroom. While theories of Management definitely have a role to play in the overall scheme of things, one has to experience management to learn it.
To facilitate this hands-on approach to learning, students become members of various academic clubs such as:
Finance Club: Industry experts in the field of Finance like Auditors, Investment Bankers visit the college to speak to the students about the current affairs related to Finance. Dr. Jayashri Shetty is the faculty coordinator.
HR Club: Activities related to the Human Resource Management like HR quiz are regularly held on the campus. Many HR and IR experts from the industry visit the campus to update the students about the latest HR&IR practices. Ms. Verina D’Souza is the faculty coordinator.
Marketing Club: Marketing case study presentation competition, marketing related activities competition, and guest talk by leading sales and marketing experts from the industry are some of the activities through which we try to kindle the imagination of the students. Pradeep Kumar B. R is the faculty coordinator.
Eco Club: Through this club we strive to engage students in spreading awareness about Ecology and Green initiatives. Street plays, lectures, Swach Bharath Abhiyan are some of the activities under this banner. Mr. Ajith DMello is the faculty coordinator.
CSR club: This club inculcates a sense of sharing, caring, and compassion for the society among the student members through its activities. Various CSR activities are conducted through this club under the guidance of Mr. Ajith DMello, the faculty coordinator.
Research Club: Research is an integral part of higher education. This club is successful in pursuing research and also getting government-sponsored projects like KSCST since inception. Our faculty member, Mr. K. Abhaya Kumar encourages many students to participate in student research.
Students voluntarily join one or more of these clubs and passionately engage in participating and managing these clubs.
The College has signed an MOU with MDIS, Singapore for a student exchange program to get exposure to the International curriculum in Business Management. MBA students are given an opportunity to visit MDIS, Singapore, and undergo a short-term certificate course in Management. Also, a senior faculty from MDIS visits MITE and handles a regular course for the MBA students.
LEARN FROM LEADERS:
MITE believes in learning not only from classroom sessions but also from the Industry greats. MITE conducts several programs throughout the year where industry leaders share their rich experiences with students, which helps the future MBAs to shape their thinking and personality. The Saturday lecture series provides a platform for students to interact with professionals from the Industry. The Institute also conducts Conferences, Workshops, and Seminars to impart superior knowledge and thinking among students.
LEARN BY DOING:
MITE, under the aegis of a students’ council engages students in various clubs and activities in order to improve organizing and Management skills among students. Students become members of various academic clubs like Finance Club, HR Club, Marketing Club, etc, or cultural fest-committees like Sentia committee, Inspire committee, and organise various activities throughout the year. Eco Club engages students in spreading awareness about Ecology and Green initiatives through street plays, lectures, Swatch Abhiyan, while the CSR club inculcates a sense of sharing-caring and a sense of compassion for the society among the student members through its activities.
Deeksha – 1st Rank with 4 Gold Medals in MBA