Mr. Gajanan M Naik
B.E, M.Tech, (Ph.D.)
3 Years (Teaching) + 2.5 Years (Research-JRF&SRF)
- Material Science and metallurgy
- Computer Aided Engineering Drawing
- Fluid Mechanics
- Finite Element Methods
- Mechanics of Material
Area of Research Interest
- Sever Plastic Deformation
- Lightweight materials
- Gajanan M Naik, Narendranath S, S. S. Satheesh Kumar, Effect of grain refinement on mechanical and corrosion behaviour of AZ91 magnesium alloy processed by ECAE, International Conference – Modern Technologies in Industrial Engineering – Lasi-Romania, Ramada Hotel, June 19-22, 2019.
- Gajanan M Naik, Narendranath S, S. S. Satheesh Kumar, The Role of Processing Temperature in Equal Channel Angular Extrusion: Microstructure Mechanical properties and Corrosion resistance, International Conference on Design, Materials, Cryogenics and Constructions ICDMC 2019, Vel. Tech. Rangarajan Dr. Sagunthala R and D Institute of Science and Technology, Chennai, Tamil Nadu, 28-29th March 2019.
- Venkatesh B, Udhay S Yargambalimath, Vishwas C J, Gajanan M Naik, Sachin B, Optimization of surface roughness in CNC turning of EN19 and EN31 steel using Taguchi method, 3rd International conference on emerging trends in Mechanical Engineering (NCETM-2018), AIT-Chikkamagaluru, Karnataka 4th May 2018.
- Gajanan M Naik, Gopal D Gote, Narendranath S, Influence of chloride content and exposure time on corrosion behavior of AZ80 wrought Mg alloy, First International Conference on Energy and Environment: Global Challenges March 09 & 10, 2018. Department of Chemical Engineering, NIT-Calicut, Kozhikode, Kerala, India.
- Gopal D Gote, Gajanan M Naik, Narendranath S, Modeling of ECAP Process to Study the Effect of Die Parameters and Friction Coefficient on Equivalent Plastic Strain, CDAMIES2018, NIT-Tiruchirappalli, Tamil Nadu during 18-20 January 2018.
- Abhishek Shetty, Akshar K, Prashanth B Y, Gajanan M Naik, Optimization of Machining Parameters on MRR for EN19 & EN31 steel using Taguchi Method, IECE-2017, Coorg Institute of Technology, Ponnampete.
- Gajanan M Naik, Narendranath S, Influence of process parameters on Material Removal Rate in wire electric discharge turning process of INCONEL 718, ICRISEM-2016, Sri Venkateswara College of Engineering & Technology (SVCET) Srikakulam,27-Feb-2016,ISBN:978-81-932074-1-3.
- Gajanan M Naik, Narendranath S, Optimization of Wire Electric Discharge Turning process parameters for INCONEL 718 super alloy by using ANOVA Technique, ICONMERIT-16, Nehru Institute of Engineering and Technology Coimbatore, 30&31 March 2016.
- Gajanan M Naik, Narendranath S, Experimental Investigation of Wire ED Turning of INCONEL 718 super alloys, ICDAMS-2016, Saveetha University-Chennai, 07-08 April 2016.
- Gajanan M Naik, Narendranath S, S. Satheesh Kumar, Effect of ECAP Die angles on Microstructure Mechanical properties and corrosion behaviour of AZ80 Mg alloy, Journal of Materials Engineering and Performance 28(5):1-10 (2019).
- Gajanan M Naik, Anjan B N, Narendranath S, S. S. Satheesh Kumar, , Preetham Kumar G V, Effect of grain refinement on material properties of Mg-8%Al-0.5%Zn alloy after the combined processes of Multi-Direction Forging and Equal Channel Angular Pressing, Res. Express 6 (2019) 096538 https://doi.org/10.1088/2053-1591/ab2ddf.
- Gajanan M Naik, Narendranath S, S. Satheesh Kumar, Corrosion of ECAPed Magnesium alloys and its background: A Review, Journal of Metals, Materials and Minerals, Vol.29 No.2 pp.1-20, 2019.
- Gajanan M Naik, Gopal D Gote, Narendranath S, S. Satheesh Kumar, Effect of grain refinement on the performance of AZ80 Mg alloys during wear and corrosion, Advances in Materials Research, Vol. 7 No. 2 (2018) 105-118. DOI: https://doi.org/10.12989/amr.2018.7.2.83-96.
- Gajanan M Naik, Gopal D Gote, Narendranath S, S S Satheesh Kumar, The impact of homogenization treatment on Microstructure Microhardness and Corrosion behavior of wrought AZ80 magnesium alloys in 3.5wt.% NaCl solution, Mater. Res. Express 5 (2018) 086513. https://doi.org/10.1088/2053-1591/aad31f.
- Gajanan M Naik, Narendranath S, S. Satheesh Kumar, Influence of ECAP Processing Routes on Microstructure Mechanical Properties and Corrosion Behavior of AZ80 Mg alloy, AIP Conference Proceedings 2082, 030016 (2019); https://doi.org/10.1063/1.5093834.
- Gajanan M Naik, Gopal D Gote, Narendranath S, Microstructural and Hardness evolution of AZ80 alloy after ECAP and post-ECAP processes, Materials Today: Proceedings 5 (2018) 17763–17768.
- Vishwas C J, Gajanan M Naik, Sachin B, Abhinaba Roy, Puneet N P ,Anjan B N and Vinayak N Kulkarni, Study on Surface Roughness in Minimum Quantity Lubrication Turning of Al-6082/SiC Metal Matrix Composites, Applied Mechanics and Materials. (Accepted)-2018.
- Vishwas C J, Girish L V, Gajanan M Naik, Sachin B, Abhinaba Roy, Prashanth B Y, Effect of Machining Parameters on Surface integrity during Dry Turning of AISI 410 martensitic stainless steel, IOP Conf. Series: Materials Science and Engineering 376 (2018) 012127, Doi:10.1088/1757-99X/376/1/012127.
- Naik, G. M., and Narendranath,S, Optimization of Wire-ED Turning Process Parameters by Taguchi-Grey Relational Analysis., i-manager’s Journal on Mechanical Engineering, 8(2), 1-8 (2017),https://doi.org/10.26634/jme.8.2.14206.
- Gajanan M Naik, Gopal D Gote, Narendranath S, Magnesium alloys and its Applications: A Short Review, Journal of Global Engineering Problems & Solutions, vol. 2017.
- Abhishek Shetty, Akshar K, Prashanth B Y, Gajanan M Naik, Optimization of Machining Parameters on MRR for EN19 & EN31 steel using Taguchi Method, International Journal of Emerging Research in Management &Technology ISSN: 2278-9359, Volume-6, Issue-5, 2017.
- Gajanan M Naik, Narendranath S, A parametric optimization of Wire-ED Turning process parameters on Material Removal Rate of INCONEL 718, Journal of Mechanical Engineering and Biomechanics, Volume 2, Issue 2, Page 8-14, 2017, ISSN- 2456-219X, DOI: https:/doi.org/10/24243/JMEB/.
- Gajanan M Naik, Narendranath S, Effect of machining parameters in wire-electrical discharge turning process: a review, International Journal of Advanced and Innovative Research, 2278-7844, # 171, Volume 5 Issue 2, 2016.
- Gajanan M Naik, Narendranath S, Influence of process parameters on Material Removal Rate in wire electric discharge turning process of INCONEL 718, International Journals of Advance Research in Science and Engineering (IJARSE), ISSN: 2319-8354, Vol. No 5, (01)-2016.
- Gajanan M Naik, Gopal D Gote, Narendranath S, S. Satheesh Kumar, Microstructure and Corrosion behavior of wrought AZ80 Mg alloys after the combined processes of ECAP and Hot Rolling, IOP conf. series: Materials Science and Engineering. (In-Press).
- Title of the work: “Flipping Type ECAP Die”
Owners: Mr. Gajanan M Naik, Dr. Narendranath. S, Dr. S.S. Satheesh Kumar
Diary Number: 14668/2018-CO/L.
Reg. No: L-79923/2018