Dr. Chaitra U
MSc (Physics), PhD
7 years (Teaching), 5 years (Research)
Area of Interest
- Thin films
Papers published in Journals
- U Chaitra, Muhammed Ali A.V, Alison E. Viegas,DhananjayaKekuda*, Mohan Rao K, “Growth and characterization of undoped and Aluminium doped Zinc Oxide thin films for SO2 gas sensing below threshold value limit”, Applied Surface Science,Accepted and Published online, DOI10.1016/j.apsusc.2019.143724.(Impact Factor: 5.155; Q1)
- UChaitra, Mahesha M. G., DhananjayaKekuda*, Mohan Rao K, (2019) “Effect of doping concentration and annealing temperature on Nitrogen doped ZnO thin films: An investigation through spectroscopic techniques”, Applied Physics A, Accepted and Published online, DOI 10.1007/s00339-019-2681-y.(Impact Factor: 1.784; Q2)
- UChaitra, DhananjayaKekuda* and Mohan Rao K,(2017) “Effect of annealing temperature on evolution of structural, microstructural and optical properties of spin coated ZnO thin films”, Ceramics International.Accepted & Published onlineDOI 10.1016/j.ceramint.2017.02.144. (Impact Factor: 3.450; Q1)
- U Chaitra., Dhananjaya. Kekuda, K. Mohan Rao (2016)“Dependence of solution molarity on structural, optical and electrical properties of spin coated ZnO thin films”, Journal of Materials Science: Materials in Electronics; Accepted & Published online DOI 10.1007/s10854-016-4745-5.(Impact Factor: 2.195; Q2)
Conference Presentations and Workshops attended:
- Chaitra U, Mohan Rao K*, “Investigation of the variation in the doping concentration on the structural and opto-electronic properties of spin coated Aluminium doped ZnO films studied by Wemple di Domenico model”, International Conference for Academic Disciplines, (2017), University of London, UK
- Chaitra U, Mohan Rao K*, DhananjayaKekuda, “Effect of Substrate on Structural and Optical properties of ZnO thin films”,National Conference on Condensed Matter Physics and Applications (2017), MIT, Manipal.
- Participated in National Conference on “Condensed Matter Physics and Applications” (2017), held by Dept. of Physics, MIT, Manipal.
- Participated in National Workshop on “Recent trends in Clean Energy Fundamentals to Applications” RTCE-2017 held at MIT, Manipal.
- Participated in mini-workshop on “Cognitive Load Theory-Integrating the Science of Learning with science instructions”, Organized by Manipal Center for Professional and Personal developments
- Chaitra U, Mohan Rao K*, Dhananjaya Kekuda, “Effect of Spin Speed on Structural and Optical Properties of Zinc Oxide Thin Films”, International Conference on Materials Research and Applications – ICMRA 2016, Hyderabad.
- Participated and Presented a research poster in Ph.D Poster Presentation competition held at MAHE, Manipal on April, 2016.
- Chaitra U, Mohan Rao K*, Dhananjaya Kekuda, “Effect of Annealing Temperature on Structural and Optical Properties of Zinc Oxide Thin Films”, National Conference on Condensed Matter Physics and Applications(2015), MIT, Manipal.
- Undergone 3 days Induction Program from 6th to 8th January 2011, organized by the Department of Continuing Education and student Counselling, MIT, Manipal.
- Participated in “UGC-DAE Consortium for Scientific research” held in 2010 at Dept. of Physics, MIT, Manipal.
- Participated in “55th DAE-Solid state Physics Symposium” (SSPS-2010) sponsored by BRNS, held during 2010 at Dept. of Physics, MIT, Manipal.