Dr. Jayaprakash M
B.Sc – Geology
M.Sc – Geology
PhD – Geoinformatics
Area of Interest
- Earth Sciences
- Remote Sensing
- Water resources
- Environmental Sciences
- The Indian Science Congress Association’, Kolkata from 2015
- ‘Indian Society for Technical Education’ IIT (D) Campus, Katwaria, Sarai
- Engineering Geology Theory and Lab
- Air Pollution and Control
- Water Resource Management
- Environmental Engineering Lab
- Environment Studies
- Rural water supply and Sanitation
- Water Supply and Treatment Engineering
- Municipal Wastewater Treatment Engineering
- Surveying Practice –I
- Kannada Manasu
Workshops/FDP’S/SDP’S Attended and Conducted
- Web Based Forest Information System of Mangalore Division (Jayaprakash, M.C, Krishna Udnur, K. Channabasappa, Shivanna and S.M. Prakash): International Journal of Earth Sciences and Engineering (IJEE), National Institute of Technology, Surathkal (NITK), (2010).
- PET Bottles for Eco-friendly Building in Sustainable Development (Jayaprakash M C, Deeksha I M and Soumya M R): International Journal of Current Trends in Engineering and Research (IJCTER) ISSN:2455-1392, Vol.2, Issue 5; May 2016.
- Desalination Approach of Seawater and Brackish Water by Coconut Shell Activated Carbon as a Natural Filter Method (Jayaprakash M C, Poorvi Shetty, Raju Aedla and D Venkat Reddy) International Journal of Earth Sciences and Engineering (IJEE), ISSN: 0974-5904, Vol.10, No.6; December 2017.
- Performance Based Seismic Evaluation of Industrial Chimneys by Static and Dynamic Analysis (Sagar S, Jayaprakash M C and D Venkat Reddy), International Journal of Engineering & Technology (Scopus).
- Assessment of Road Safety Audit of NH-69 (Bhadravati-Shivamogga), Karnataka State, India. Jayaprakash M C, Shreyas K S, D Venkat Reddy And Vikram M C. (IJRTE-Scopus)
- Removal of Methylene Blue from Aqueous Solution: An Approach of Environmental friendly Activated Carbon; Jayaprakash M C, Chaitra M, Prarthana Rai and D Venkat Reddy (Springer Conference Proceedings, University of Ilion’s, Chicago)
- Removal of Heavy Metals From Leachate Using Natural Detritus Shells; Jayaprakash M C, Trupthi, Niveditha S P and Venkat Reddy. International Journal of Advanced Science & Technology.
- Reduction of Floods Caused By Rain Using Infiltration Wells and Rain Reservoirs In Padang City; Bambang Istijono, Jayaprakash M C and D Venkat Reddy. International Journal of Advanced Science & Technology.
- Experimental Study on Lateritic Soil Stabilization with Waste Engine Oil and Lime; Jayaprakash M C, Sashwati Shetty and Venkat Reddy (Conference paper submitted to Scopus Journal)
- Three dimensional (3D) model of the Proterozoic Kaldgi Basin, Sourthern India – A GIS approach (Shivanna G, Jayaprakash M C, Channabasappa and Natashekara D): Journal of Applied Geochemistry, Vol.13, No.1 (2011) pp 42-47.
- Planning and Implementation of Rain Water Harvesting System in MITE, Moodabidri, Karnataka-Geological and Hydrogeological in Puts Typical Analysis; Jayaprakash M C and Poorvi Shetty, Journal of Water Resources and Pollution Studies Volume 3 Issue 1, Page 1-7 © MAT Journals 2018. All Rights Reserved
- Geospatial Based Inventory and Assessment of Wetland in the Coastal District of Dakshina Kannada: Southern India, Jayaprakash, M.C. and D. Venkat Reddy, Water Resources, Irrigation Practices and Sustainable Agriculture (Book Review), ISBN: 978-93-86238-49-8, pp 58-62, March 2018.
- Elemental Composition and Distribution of Precambrian Depositories: A case Study of Kaladgi Basin in Southern India. – This paper has been presented at X Convention of the Mineralogical Society of India and National Seminar on Crustal Evolution and Associated Mineralization. Dec. 3rd to 4th Dept. of Geology, JnanaBharathi, Bangalore University, Karnataka, INDIA.
- Study of Urban & Rural bulk precipitation: International Conference (24th Annual International Conference of NESA-New Delhi) on Bioremediation and Environmental Management and Polar Science & Technology. – 28th& 29th December 2011. Organized by Presidency College Bangalore.
- Remote Sensing: A case study on the Proterozoic Kaladgi Basin, Southern India. – 3rd International Conference on Climate Change & sustainable Management of Natural Resources: 6th Feb, 2012, Gwalior, Madyapradesh.
- Wetland Inland Inventory assessment study using Remote Sensing & GIS technique; Dakshina Kannada district, Karnataka State, Southern India.- NATIONAL SEMINAR on GEOSPATIAL SOLUTIONS for RESOURCE CONSERVATION & MANAGEMENT (GEOS-2012). 18th&19th, January 2012.
- Spurce Identification of urban and rural bulk precipitation chemistry in Bangalore district, Karnataka. – 3rd International Conference on Climate Change & sustainable Management of Natural Resources: 6th Feb, 2012, Gwalior, Madyapradesh.
- Bulk Precipitation and Deposition in India –Department of Forestry and Environmental Science, University of Sri Jayewardenpura, Nugegoda, Srilanka. 27th of September 2012
- Rain Water Harvesting and Artificial Recharge to Groundwater in Dakshina Kannada District, Karnataka-Geological & Hydrogeological in puts Typical Analysis (D.VENKAT REDDY* & JAYAPRAKASH M C), Presented paper at 103rd Indian Science Congress in Mysore, Jan 2016.
- Earth Sciences Rock Science and Rock Engineering Role in Planning and Development of Civil Engineering Projects with Special Reference to Smart Cities in India, (D.VENKAT REDDY* & JAYAPRAKASH M C), Key Note addressed in MITE, Moodabidri, during the National Conference, February, 2016.
- Planning and Implementation of Rain Water Harvesting System in MITE, Moodabidri, and Karnataka-Geological and Hydrogeological in Puts Typical Analysis. JAYAPRAKASH M C1 AND POORVI SHETTY2 International Conference ICGCSC-MITE 2018
- Experimental Study on Lateritic Soil Stabilization with Waste Engine Oil and Lime. Jayaprakash M C, Shashwathi S Shetty, D Venkat Reddy and Bambang Istijono. (Online International Conference SURF 2020, BIT, Mangalore). 2020.
- Removal of Heavy Metals from Leachate Using Natural Detritus Shells. Jayaprakash M C, Trupti, Niveditha S P and D Venkat Reddy. GCASSTE 2020 at MITE.
- Experimental Study on Lateritic Soil Stabilization with Natural Lime and OPC using wet UCS test. Jayaprakash M C, Shashwathi S Shetty, Bambang Istijono and D Venkat Reddy. Online CITES, University of Andalas, Padang. 2020.
- Research Project Proposal on “Sustainable Grey water Management System using Phytoremediation Technique” submitted by Dr.Jayaprakash M C, Sr. Assistant professor, Department of Civil Engineering has been approved under Research Grant for Scientist/Faculty Scheme, Vision Group on Science and Technology (VGST), Government of Karnataka.
- ANVESHANA 2020: The project entitled “Sea Sand Concrete for Green India” was won the 9th place with cash prize Rs. 5000 in the State level ANVESHANA-2020 competition held at Bangalore during 25th to 27th February, 2020.
- MAPATHON 2021, Winner, Organized by IITB, ISRO, AICTE under Atma Nirbhar Bharath.
KSCST & VTU Sponsored Students Projects:
Project Title: Antropotechnique Smart Vermi bin for Sustainable solid waste management.
Interdisciplinary (Civil and ECE Dept)
Student project sanctioned with an amount of Rs 4,500/-
Student name: Allan Robin Pereira and team
Project Title: Groundwater Utilization and its Environmental sustainability in Coastal Aquifers
Student project sanctioned with an amount of Rs 4,000/-
Student name: Anupama J and team
Project Title: Experimental studies on Laterite soil stabilization using waste engine oil and lime.
Student project sanctioned with an amount of Rs 3,000/-
Student name: Shashwathi S Shetty and team.
Project Title: Removal of Methylene Blue from Aqueous solution: An Approach of Environmental friendly Activated carbon
Student project sanctioned with an amount of Rs 4,000/-
Student name: Chaitra M and team.
Project Title: Use of Eggshells and Seashells for the removal of heavy metals from waste water.
Student project sanctioned with an amount of Rs 5,000/-
Student name: Trupthi and team.