Dr. Vignesh Nayak Ullal
BE – Mechanical Engineering
M.Tech – Process Metallurgy
Ph.D – Metallurgical and Material Engineering
- Advances in Steel Making
- Surface Engineering
Area of Research Interest
- Quench Hardening of steels
- Vignesh Nayak, U., and Narayan Prabhu, K., (2017). “Heat flux transients for quenching of 50 and 25 mm Stainless steel in mineral and vegetable oils.” Int. Conf. Adv. Mater. Process. ADMAT, Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala, India, 14-16 December 2017.
- U.V. Nayak and K.N. Prabhu., (2017). “Comparative study of the effect of section thickness of steel during quenching in neem and mineral oil.”, Proceedings of the 29th Heat Treating Society Conference (HEAT TREAT 2017), Columbus, Ohio, USA, 24 – 26 October 2017.
- Vignesh Nayak, U., and Narayan Prabhu, K. (2015). “Heat transfer during immersion quenching in MWCNT nanofluids.” Mater. Sci. Forum, 830–831(2015), 172–176. 10.4028/www.scientific.net/MSF.830-831.172
- Vignesh Nayak, U., Ashwin, Pai, Pranesh Roa, K. M., and Narayan Prabhu, K. (2015). “Wetting kinematics and cooling performance of PAG polymer quenchants.” Mater. Sci. Forum, 830–831(2015), 156–159. 10.4028/www.scientific.net/MSF.830-831.156
- U. Vignesh Nayak, and K. Narayan Prabhu, (2016). “Heat transfer and quench performance of aqueous CuO nanofluids during immersion quenching.” Int. J. Microstruct. Mater. Prop., 11((3/4)), 186–202. 10.1504/IJMMP.2016.079139
- Nayak, V. U., and Prabhu, N. K. (2016). “Wetting behavior and heat transfer of aqueous graphene nanofluids.” J. Mater. Eng. Perform., 25(4), 1474–1480. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11665-016-1962-2
- 5. U. Vignesh Nayak, K. M. Pranesh Rao, M. Ashwin Pai and K. Narayan Prabhu. (2016). “Carbonated aqueous media for quench heat treatment of steels.” JMEP, 25(9), 3802-3810. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11665-016-2183-4
- Nayak, U., Ramesh, G., and Prabhu, K. (2017). “Assessment of spatiotemporal heat flux during quenching in TiO2 and AlN Nanofluids.” Mater. Perform. Charact., 6(5), 745–756, https://doi.org/10.1520/MPC20170002
- Vignesh Nayak, U., and Narayan Prabhu, K. (2018). “Effect of section thickness on heat transfer during quenching in vegetable oils.” Mater. Perform. Charact., 7(1), 384-395. https://doi.org/10.1520/MPC20180084
- Vignesh Nayak, U., and Narayan Prabhu, K. (2018) “Heat transfer during quenching of inconel probes in non-edible vegetable oils.” HTM J. Heat Treatm. Mat., 73(5), pp. 283-291, https://doi.org/10.3139/105.110365
- Vignesh Nayak, U., and Narayan Prabhu, K. (2019) “Heat transfer during quenching in graphene and multiwall carbon nanotubes nanofluids under agitated quench conditions” J. of Nano., 8, pp. 1-18, https://doi.org/10.1520/MPC20180138
- U. V. Nayak and K. N. Prabhu, (2019)“Quench cooling performance–hardness correlation for aisi 1045 and 1090 steels” Mater. Perform. Charact., 8(1), 135–150, https://doi.org/10.1520/MPC20180138
- 11. Vignesh U. Nayak, K. N. Prabhu, Nicole Stanford, and Satyanarayan (2012) “Wetting behavior and evolution of microstructure of Sn–3.5Ag solder alloy on electroplated 304 stainless steel substrates” Trans. Ind. Ins. Met., 65(6), pp. 713-717, https://doi.org/10.1007/s12666-012-0193-y
National Journals & Conferences
- Vignesh Nayak U and Narayan Pabhu K., (2014) ‘Assessment of heat transfer in MWCNT-water nanofluids for quench heat treatment’, Proceedings of the 52nd Nat. Meta. Day including the 68th Ann. Tech. Meet. on Automotive, Aerospace, Defence and Energy, College of Engineering, Pune, India, 12-15 November 2014.
Prabhu, K. N., Nayak U. V., and Rao K. M. P., (2016), Chapter 25: Polymer Quenchants in “Advances in Polymer Materials and Technology.” CRC press, Boca Raton, USA, A. Srinivasan and S. Bandyopadhyay, eds., 709-740.